oldenough
Xoops Magazine
  • 2007/3/6 9:12

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

Recently, after some serious Googling, I found the module XOOPS Magazine 1.2.
I just wonder if it is anyone else who actually have tried and perhaps are using this module? Which experiences have you had? Bugs? Compability?

I have not implemented it on any production site yet, only on a local xammp. It seems as a promising module in order to make som serious presentation of news. News 1.53 is fine, but the presentation are really stone age and not by any means good for making a website type magazine, webzine, real news presentation etc.

I can’t find anything valuable regarding this either at XOOPS news or in the forums. Anyone willing to share experiences, information regarding this module?

davidl2
Re: Xoops Magazine
  • 2007/3/6 9:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I believe this module is no longer being developed, but the author has a new one called "AI".

AI, however, has been developed for a XoopsFork - so may not be 100% compatible.

Incidently, "Magazine" started out originally as WF-Section 2.08 - which is why some people have had compatibility issues with the two modules.

oldenough
  • 2007/3/6 11:01

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

Ok, I see! That brought enlightment to it all. Anyway, I thought the Magazine-consept acutally could have a value, since no other modules in the XOOPS community are similar. I really miss a news module with really good presentation and meant for broadcasting like a news site, a web-magazine, an e-zine or similar. I'll have to google after the AI in order to check it out.

And I really hope for the future that maybe, maybe the excelelnt News-module could rise and shine as a full blown e-zine/news presentation module.

davidl2
  • 2007/3/6 11:48

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

RB had some very nice ideas with Magazine on the presentation side... I was using this module myself, but I'm slowly moving content to SmartSection (with TAG support )

JamesSAEP
  • 2007/3/6 14:59

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

I too used the Magazine module, but had to change to another option since it does not work with PHP5/MySQL5. I like phppp Article.

davidl2
  • 2007/3/6 16:11

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

I am hoping that perhaps some of the ideas may inspire people such as Phppp, Marcan or Herve with their content modules

Krispy
  • 2007/8/11 15:25

• Krispy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/11

I know this is an old thread, but I came across it as I was looking for an answer to one of the major glitches with Magazine. So far I have found two...

The first is that the article image will not show in the article list. If you go into a category to view the list of articles, the article image path is incorrect. Possibly a simple smarty issue???

The other issue is that if you delete an article that was added to the main menu, the next article you add to the main menu receives the deleted article's ID in the main menu instead of its own correct ID. The article itself gets the next ID - it is just the issue with it in the main menu. So if I delete article 127 that was in the main menu, then create article 128 and add it to the main menu, it is listed (and linked) as the deleted article 127.

I attempted to change the article ID through phpMySQL in the mag_mainmenu table, but it refuses to change it. I also tried changing a new article's ID to the deleted article's ID, then adding a new article to the main menu in hopes of filling that "gap", but the new article still receives the deleted article's ID in the main menu.

Any help with these two problems would be GREATLY appreciated!

Krispy
  • 2007/8/11 15:27

• Krispy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/11

I just want to add that, aside from those two problems, Magazine works great for me. I am using XOOPS 2.0.16 and PHP 4.4.4.

davidl2
  • 2007/8/11 19:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

The module however has been abandoned by the author, as he has replaced it with a new one called "ID" - so perhaps someone else may be willing to take up work on this one?

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits