srmcatee
2007 DayLight Savings Time Change
  • 2007/3/1 16:13

• srmcatee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/22

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I've searched the site and have not found a relevant topic, so...

Is anyone aware of any patches required to make XOOPS compliant with the daylight savings time changes?

Here's a reference link:
http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
Steve
ChurchLedger.com - A Xoops Module Developer

JMorris
Re: 2007 DayLight Savings Time Change
  • 2007/3/1 16:34

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

srmcatee,

XOOPS shouldn't require any patches. XOOPS uses PHP to retrieve the time from the server it is hosted on, then adjusts the time offset based on your configuration in the Administrator Control Panel.

As long as the Administrator(s) of the server you are hosted on are using NTP to keep the server time accurate, you shouldn't have an issue.

HTH.

JM
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Dave_L
  • 2007/3/1 17:45

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

And assuming that the server O/S is up-to-date. For example, Win2K requires manual patching, and old linux distros may require that too.

doniking
  • 2007/5/8 17:05

• doniking

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/8 1

How to disable DST in my XOOPS?
coz all time in may post looks like in Dst format which 1 hour than my local time.
i am running XOOPS on localhost (my computer located in Indonesia using windows XP) and when I checked using date("I") the value is 1.

how to disable this. because I am going to upload my XOOPS site on webhosting with Linux OS and its located on Indonesia (gmt+7) which the date("I") return 0.

what is the better way to correct this so when I upload my XOOPS site, I wont be bothered.

thanks

ewonline
  • 2007/5/9 4:56

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

So does XOOPS have no support for automatic DST detection based on the users selected timezone/location?
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits