Cuidiu
Moments Theme vs City Reflections
  • 2007/3/1 5:45

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

I attempted to post on the XOOPSDesign.com site and though I was signed in, I was not permitted to post. I'm trying to decide which theme is best to use. City Reflections uses the includeq but I don't see it in the code for Moments. Is this important for future upgrades, faster page loads, etc?

Edited: I would be using this for a XOOPS site v. 2.0.16.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

snow77
Re: Moments Theme vs City Reflections
  • 2007/3/1 11:55

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Hello Cuidu,

You should be able to make posts at the Free themes forum at xoopsdesign.com: Free Themes - you can only create posts, but cannot create Topcis in that forum

And be able to create new topics and posts at this forum:
Feedback and Suggestions, both forums are working correctly.

About your question, includeq is used in the XOOPS 2.3 default theme, it should work normally with any XOOPS 2 version. The reason one theme has it and another not is that not until 2 days ago did we get our canvas updated and ready to use as a standard for all the themes we make. The default canvas we'll keep using is the theme.html we have published for download and you can get it from the XOOPS news.

Technically I wouldn't be able to explain the functions of includeq, we just know that the default theme of 2.3 has the recommended structure we should use and learn from and this code makes part of it.

Wizanda was explaining this, from this post:
Quote:

2) Use “includeq” (Thxz Xoopers) instead of “include” makes for less drag in the overall processing; by eliminating extra file backup, not need in this process of including js files, as smarty it self doesn’t read .js well. As it is the speed in which Smarty can fill-in its own data, that this works on and giving Smarty the needed data from a .js file works faster then html one does.

But again I wouldn't be able to confirm you it's technical usage.

For the themes that don't have includeq you can add the "q" to them if you wish.

Cuidiu
  • 2007/3/1 21:18

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Thanks snow77. I wasn't really looking for a detailed explanation, just if it was better to use the includeq code.

Regarding your statement below:
Quote:
For the themes that don't have includeq you can add the "q" to them if you wish.

City Reflections contains code like this:
<{includeq file="$theme_name/centerblocks.html" topbottom=top lcr=$theme_top_order|substr:2:1}>

I don't see code like this: substr:2:1 in Moments nor in the newest (smarty var) default theme. Should that code be added as well? Or is that something completely different (obviously I know little about these matters).

snow77
  • 2007/3/1 22:46

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

the code:

topbottom=top lcr=$theme_top_order|substr:0:1
topbottom=top lcr=$theme_top_order|substr:1:1
topbottom=top lcr=$theme_top_order|substr:2:1

is used to display the custom blocks in three columns in a straight row or move them around in different positions, and not the usual way we know them with center-center block below or above the center-left and center-right blocks in a static way hard to move.

but there is several other pieces of code that need to be put together in the theme for this to work correctly. Like this:

In the head tags of the theme you find:

<{* Center blocks display order valid values are:  lrc (left right centerlcr (left center rightclr (center left right)    *}>
<{
assign var=theme_top_order value=lcr}>
<{
assign var=theme_bottom_order value=lrc}>

LCR represents each of the three blocks, L for left, R for right, C for center, by changing their order you automatically change the way block positioning is displayed in the theme. So you can edit the assign value and insert diferent combinations like: LCR, RLC, CLR ...and it will take effect like magic on your theme.

This is all linked to the centerblocks.html where you will find this code which applies the block display configuration:

<{if $lcr=='l'}><{assign var=lcr value='left'}>
<{elseif 
$lcr=='r'}><{assign var=lcr value='right'}>
<{else}><{
assign var=lcr value='center'}>
<{/if}>

<{
assign var=zone value="page_$topbottom$lcr"}>

and finally in the layout-soup.css you'll find the widths used for each block.

I've tried applying this to tableless layouts and it works ok but I haven't applied yet to table layouts, so I'm not sure how the styling would work there.

The theme City Reflections was made using Morphogenesis as template. In morphogenesis you will be able to observe this too.

Yet I didn't invent this. This is something the core developers integrated into the XOOPS 2.3 default theme which you can download from the SVN trunk.

Cuidiu
  • 2007/3/2 3:08

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Thank you so much for explaining this in detail for me. This helps a great deal.

Thank you again for your time!

C

Quote:
snow77 wrote:
the code:
topbottom=top lcr=$theme_top_order|substr:0:1
topbottom=top lcr=$theme_top_order|substr:1:1
topbottom=top lcr=$theme_top_order|substr:2:1

is used to display the custom blocks in three columns in a straight row or move them around in different positions, and not the usual way we know them with center-center block below or above the center-left and center-right blocks in a static way hard to move.

Login

Who's Online

294 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 294

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits