technobia
Re: XPress Email A Post Function Needed
  • 2007/2/27 22:59

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/17

Here's the error we get when clicking on email this post:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getVar() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\pridedepot-cms\www\modules\wordpress\templates\wordpress\header.php on line 3
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Stewdio
  • 2007/2/27 23:08

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I'm not quite sure whats happening there, this is the line used in the header file from the templates section.

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="'.$xoopsModule->getVar('name').' entries" href="'.XOOPS_URL.'/modules/'.$xoopsModule->getVar('dirname').'/feed/" />

This is module related, and not wordpress related. Does that arror come up when you disable the plug-in?

The only thing I can guess is that you have to be a registered user, and logged into the system. You might have a problem with user tables across the platforms, but I'm not an authority on that.

**edit**

Actually, I'm way off even on that assumtion.

I can't see how it's related to a plug in, because this is something that is in the template header. It's just odd.
XOOPS Community Support

msdana
  • 2007/2/27 23:22

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Okay, I have been helping Technobia with this issue. Here's the problem...

We installed the WP email plugin 2.07 for WP version 2.0, activated it as an administrator, and added this code in single.php:

Quote:
<?php if(function_exists('wp_email')) { email_link(); } ?>

That's when we received the error. Of course, if we don't add the code and/or deactivate the plugin we don't get the error message. So, yes, it is module related directly with the plugin and not WordPress related. We do not encounter this error unless this plugin is activated and the code is placed in single.php.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Stewdio
  • 2007/2/27 23:31

• Stewdio

I'm going to grab this and see what happens on my end.
XOOPS Community Support

Stewdio
  • 2007/2/28 0:34

• Stewdio

I had a big a** long explanation written up for why it didn't work, and got hit with a DNS error as I posted it, so the information is lost.

In short, your first post is right in that it was not written for express. None of them are.

Essentially, anything that requires you to add code to any other file what so ever runs the risk of not working. Plug and play plug-ins should work OOTB.

The plug-in works, but not whil in XOOPS mode, only in Wordpress mode was I able to get it to work.

Take a look at wp.php, it's slightly different then what is needed for theme.php, single.php, page.php etc.

Anway, I'm done for the night.
XOOPS Community Support

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits