leebrendalee
difficult getting help

Hello,

I'm finding it very difficult these days to get ANY kind of help in the forums? Are there not as many people looking after the forums? I'm very frustrated with not being able to get my answer resolved and I've asked it so many different ways it's seems. Lately there doesn't seem to be a whole heck of a lot of members online. Wondering what's going on , are people leaving xoops, even though it's been good for me, the recent hack into my site after using it for a couple of years is leaving me now wondering if I should leave. Just my two cents worth..

ghettonet
Re: difficult getting help
  • 2007/2/19 2:53

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

I know what you mean - like right now there's 124 guests and 4 members online. But, it's hard to use that to measure how XOOPS itself is doing, it could be that nobody is posting because they aren't having many problems.

That being said, I agree, it can be tough to get help on here, but I just looked at your posts, and it's not an easy "off the top of the head" type problem so not too many people will know how to solve it.

I'm not the best with html and redirects, but i know people who are, and if you don't get some good help in the next few days PM me and I'll see what I can do.

MadFish
  • 2007/2/19 4:06

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Hey - there's 141 people online, and they don't log in unless they want to actually submit somthing. A couple of years ago there was typically around 50 or 60 people online at any one time.

Have a look at the home page - almost all questions have multiple replies, including yours. I know you aren't having much luck with your questions about the IP camera module but I think not many people have experience with that one as not many people have an IP camera.

Hacks are a fact of life, but not a serious problem so long as you keep your site patched and backup regularly ! If you do that you will have very few. In 3 years of XOOPSing I've had one hack (about 2 weeks ago) and that was because they got into my host's server, not into my site per se.

davidl2
  • 2007/2/19 6:36

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I've had one hack - but I was a silly person who didn't have protector installed... but at least I had the bright idea to ask my hosting provider (www.3dpixelnet.com) to set up a regular backup for me - so I didn't lose as much as I may have done

(I'll be honest... I had been very lapse in updating the Core release on my site. I am no longer careless like this!)

leebrendalee

Thanks for replying! Madfish what server do you use? because they got into my site that way also. There was a virus up there and I've not uploaded ANYTHING in about 6months if that. So I was a little surprised. They still have no restored my backup. I've deleted all my files and reuploaded an OLD backup but I want them to restore from their backup. I'm still waiting and curious if your server is mine?
and thanks for the feedback.

MadFish
  • 2007/2/20 1:51

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Hi Brendalee

My affected site was with 3ix.org. They seem to have outsourced their helpdesk recently and the service has really gone downhill :(

I'm looking for a new host at the moment!

Login

Who's Online

98 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 98

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits