leebrendalee
SUGGESTION/pleasee

ok, I want to redo my boring site. Can someone please critique........its really bad....I need to know what kind of stuff to put there, content, etc..I want it to have something that gives people good info and yet be personal also...any ideas..
www.brendalee4ever.com

irmtfan
Re: SUGGESTION/pleasee
  • 2007/2/16 4:01

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i move your topic to most appropriated forum.
as for suggestion maybe its good to write a "biography" , "working resume" , ...

also install more modules like weblinks and smartfaq by the time i just can see "news" module in your site.

MadFish
  • 2007/2/16 4:34

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

More photos of Canada!

leebrendalee

ok thanks u guys for the feedback...will PUT ALL of those on my site..

wizanda
  • 2007/2/17 9:48

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Add some more user interactive activities.
Xoops has quite few modules that don’t require much resources, yet provide your users with more to do.
Such as Guestmap, games, news etc

Next re-organise your centre column to look more information less cluttered, people automatically look to the centre of your site for meaning and it being all over with different things is a bit hard to fathom where the site is heading. Make it that the first thing people see, invites them into the site, make them stay longer (well it does for me).

Some sort of Navigation is required also, such as SiteMap folding sitemenu (block), or some way to easily navigate, what is in the site.
As I see loads of modules, yet not an easy ways to get too these….

Anyways they are some pointer, a good way is to look through all the main Xoopers sites…I always go and check regularly see if there are any funky modules to play with etc

Alan-A
  • 2007/2/17 12:07

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi Brenda,
why not start to produce your own content?
A blog, if you like - there's a module for this too. Review things or events you see or do - give your version of local news & events - and don't be afraid to add your own opinion.
Good Luck,
Alan

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits