JonasNight
Simple Setup vs what? Can't use graphic editor in News
  • 2007/2/9 10:19

• JonasNight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/31

I have been playing with this for awhile and am stumped. In News (current 1.53):
---------------------------------------
Form Option

Select the editor to use. If you have a 'simple' install (e.g you use only XOOPS core editor class, provided in the standard XOOPS core package), then you can just select DHTML and Compact
--------------------------------------

What is a simple install? and how do I change it to be 'complex" enough to access tinymce or any of the other graphic editors other than DHTML. I would really like to use this block - but its becoming quite frustrating.

Sorry to bother folks with this.

Quest
Re: Simple Setup vs what? Can't use graphic editor in News
  • 2007/2/9 11:16

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Hello there.

Simple install is exactly what it says. (standard core package). For this purpose it basically means no hacks or other modifications in regards to text editors.

If you have the core package with no modifications then you will only be able to use (at this time and version) the DHTML and COMPACT editors which come with the core package.

If you wish to find out more on editors then search for the editor you would like to use and check the FAQs on how to install them. It would be a good idea to first read the News 1.53 install instructions and information on text editors for the module to ensure you upload and install your chosen editor correctly for use with the module.

Future versions of XOOPS I believe will include more interface options with certain editors.

Additionally there are two other additions you can make which could enchance your text editor experience. They are phppp's Xoopseditor Package and Frameworks.

Here is his News Article which includes these two links for download:
PHPPP's New Years Article

Xoopseditor 1.10

Frameworks 1.10

It is important to note that these files are currently needed for the Forum Module CBB 3.08 but can be usefull with other modules as well-those particularly created by phppp. So what I am saying is that not all modules use the Frameworks and Xoopseditor.

Do more research here on editors. How to install, where to upload etc. and refer to the module you are going to use them with as well.

I believe that about covers the simple verses other.

Best of luck and remember. Always back up your site and database before changes.

Quest

JonasNight
  • 2007/2/9 14:00

• JonasNight

• Just popping in

Actually I have tinymce working fine in a couple areas - like the forums. I have installed frameworks/class and all the files as it says I should. Have had that working for some time. It just seems to me that I cannot find information on how to activate the graphic editors (I have all of them in place) in News 1.xx.

Any other thoughts?

frankblack
  • 2007/2/9 14:13

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
News 1.xx.

Which exact version? I think after 1.44 the editors will be included automatically. For 1.44 there is a patch on dev.xoops.org when you visit the files for tinyeditor. For versions before you might have a look at the documentation for tinyeditor on how to implement it for older modules.

JonasNight
  • 2007/2/9 17:06

• JonasNight

• Just popping in

I am completely up to date - v1.53

I have had this problem with every version since I started using XOOPS - never been able to get the News to accept any other editor. I have all of the editors - latest updates on them .. in the spots it says to place them ...

Thats the problem ... I am missing something in a preference or placement of a file - but have no idea where to look. All of the editors work fine in CBB but not in Articles or News.

*shrug*

Login

Who's Online

361 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 361

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits