jazzyjtn
Issue with the login
  • 2007/2/5 5:48

• jazzyjtn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/29

Hi All,
I am having a strange problem with my site. Whenever I login, it does not really login in the first attempt, but does login in the second attempt. I also noticed that this happens when someone tries logging the first time in a day. After that the first attempt is enough. What I am wondering is that if I inadvertently changed some configuration, could not find anything related under preferences.
I am reluctant to re-install XOOPS on the site since I have some registered users. In case that is the only option, is it possible to back-up user table and maintain all their information (esp. password) so that this change is transparent to them.

Thanks,
-Jatin

jensclas
Re: Issue with the login

Please see if this helps.

To try a simple repair on your sessions table do this:
just go into phpmyadmin

scroll down the list of tables in the db, tick the box next to the xoops_session table (your tables may have a different prefix than xoops_ tho)

then scroll to the bottom, in the selection box at bottom under the tables, select repair.

or you can goto the query window in phpmyadmin and type

REPAIR TABLE xoops_session

hope this helps

mplanas
  • 2007/2/6 14:42

• mplanas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/5 1

Hi Jenclas,

I have problems with my XOOPS after having migrated it to a new server. It doesn't let to me do login because the table xoops_sessions of the MySQL corrupts and the registration system does not accept login and password of the users. I have repaired the table many times but after a few hours I have the same problem.

I use MySQL 5 and Apache 2.
I use 2.0.14 versions and another previous one (I believe that the 2.0.9)
Dedicated server: 4GB of ram memory.

There is some incompatibility?
Have you any recommendation to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

Mario

jensclas

There is some incompatibility?

Uhmm - a little guessing here -with 2.0.9 most likely, 2.0.14 possibly - there were quite a few issuews with 2.0.14 and we moved very quickly to 2.0.15. I'd recomend upgrading them both to the latest release and see what happens then. be sure to follow the instructions to the letter and backup your site data first.

vaughan
  • 2007/2/6 19:35

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

jazzyjtn wrote:
Hi All,
I am having a strange problem with my site. Whenever I login, it does not really login in the first attempt, but does login in the second attempt. I also noticed that this happens when someone tries logging the first time in a day. After that the first attempt is enough. What I am wondering is that if I inadvertently changed some configuration, could not find anything related under preferences.
I am reluctant to re-install XOOPS on the site since I have some registered users. In case that is the only option, is it possible to back-up user table and maintain all their information (esp. password) so that this change is transparent to them.

Thanks,
-Jatin

sounds like your url in mainfile.php might not have www. in it or vice versa

if you are accessing your site fromhttp://yourdomain.com and your XOOPS_URL in mainfile.php sayshttp://www.yourdomain.com then there's your problem.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits