preachur
Developer Search
  • 2007/1/23 18:03

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I would like to see a module like one I used to use with an older version of either Coppermine or OpenRealty. I believe it was Coppermine. It allowed a developer to search the whole base directory for a word or phrase or piece of code. A feature like this could really help with developing and designing Xoops.

Is there a tool like this for Xoops? I have looked around and haven't found one.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

andycleff
Re: Developer Search
  • 2007/1/23 21:59

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/29

While not integrated with XOOPs, have you tried Advanced Find and Replace - from www.abacre.com?

Alternatively, a site management tool like DreamWeaver or GoLive will have built in Find/Replace functions.

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

preachur
  • 2007/1/23 23:48

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Actually, I have Dreamweaver.... I would like to be able to do this online, though. Every time I have tried it on dreamweaver it only works if I download the site to my hard drive first.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

chippyash
  • 2007/1/24 6:32

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Are you talking about the development environment?

Try one of the integrated environments I use Zend Studio and this allows me to search files anywhere. I don't know if Eclipse does. If you are using linuz here are a whole bag of tools you can use. In windows you've got 'Find/search in files' I believe.

If you are taling about giving end users the ability via XOOPS then it's really down to the individual module developers to provide the search hook ups for the core XOOPS search facility.

Login

Who's Online

286 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 286

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits