oldenough
Caching question
  • 2007/1/23 5:45

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

The templates_c folder: should it be emptied regurarly?
And is it recommandable to turn of all caching from the system admin interface? It seems as the system starts to screw up administrator permissions when I switch from admin to public interface when logged in as administrator. I belive this started to be a problem when I enabled caching..?

tedsmith
Re: Caching question
  • 2007/1/23 8:10

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I generally disable all caching until my site is all set up, tweaked, fine tuned, and ready to go. Caching is great for speed improvements (particularily in areas of your site that you may only update once a month for example) but irritating when applied to areas that are updated frequently or are dynamic by their nature (for example, discussion forums).

Templates_c only need to be emptied (apart from the index.html file) when you have made changes to a module or when you have upgraded part or all of your site. Often, if you don't refresh it, changes won't always show.

But, once you have your site set up, and in between upgrades, the folder does not need emptying and you can tunr the 'update templates bla blah blah...' in system preferences to 'No' as opposed to 'Yes'.

Ted

oldenough
Re: Caching question
  • 2007/1/24 18:55

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

Thanks, I will follow your advice! It's confusing with caching options both in the main admin and also in the different modules...

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits