kikkorm
I cant find a chat that works
  • 2007/1/17 0:44

• kikkorm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/17

Hi,
I'm using XOOPS 2.0.15 and i cant' find even a chat working ; i tried chiefbuz, chat mx, chat flash, xoopspop chat... no one works!
What could be the problem? thanks for helping

kikkorm

DarinAllan
Re: I cant find a chat that works

There is shoutbox
Shoutbox download
Its not a full on chat room but quite a nice simple shoutbox to converse with others, it pops up like a chat room or you can have it as a block

I use Gabbly by Wizanda
Gabbly
It's not hosted on my server, which is a bonus in my situation. My members are happy with it.

There is also Flashchat which you can buy for $5
Flashchat

Just remember for flashchat as good as it is, if you are on a shared server your host may not like a Chat room installed, there is a bit to configure as well.

toddherrold

shoutbox is fine but if you have more than a few users, it will be very high load and likely crash your shared server.

flashchat is also very high load with more than a few users and will crash your site on a shared server.

gabbly isn't integrated iwth your XOOPS user names, but it works very well and doesn't max out your server load. i use it and there is nothing even close for XOOPS on chat. this is sad, but is true.

I've tried all the XOOPS chat options mentioned here and more and they all either don't work at all or max out server load with more than a few users at a time.

Gabbly is the only way to go.

Will_H
  • 2007/1/20 1:42

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

There are tons of chat options out there, but like these guys saud. If you are looking for ease of use, low server load, and basically best XOOPS-related... Gabby all the way.

jdseymour

Another good one is an externel product also. Meebo I just found yesterday and testing. You can see an example Here.

Edit - guess it would help if I mande it available to anonymous.

dizzymarkus

anyone try userplane?

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits