jilong
Registration Extra fields?
  • 2007/1/10 12:17

• jilong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/10

I would like to add more field for new user to fill in. is there any module or easy way to do it?

slyss
Re: Registration Extra fields?
  • 2007/1/10 13:12

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

for XOOPS 2.0.x = smartprofile
for XOOPS 2.2.x = extended profiles

see you
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

jilong
  • 2007/1/12 10:07

• jilong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/10

Hi slyss79 ,

where can i downlaod the XOOPS 2.2.x extended profiles module? because i am not using php5.X version so have no choice only can use 2.2.x extended profiles.

Search from Xoops, i found there have a module call COPPA Registration System for 2.2.3. do you have any ideal where can i download this? this is work to create a extra field for member registration?

davidl2
  • 2007/1/12 14:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

That module is included with XOOPS 2.2 ... however it will only work on that release (2.2.x) and we don't really advise people using that release.

More and more modules will be supporting Php5 ... so it's worth looking into options on this side.

(Although I believe one person has converted Mith's module to use Php4 - this may make it trickier to update later on...)

vaughan
  • 2007/1/12 17:47

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

Search from Xoops, i found there have a module call COPPA Registration System for 2.2.3. do you have any ideal where can i download this? this is work to create a extra field for member registration?

you can download the coppa hack from my Test Site (it's the only place u can), but it is only for XOOPS 2.2.3. i haven't updated it for other versions as i no longer use 2.2 at all. the hack itself could do with some improvements but it does work. though it will not work with any other version than 2.2.3.

I have been thinking about re doing the coppa registration for the new smartprofile module, i have made progress and once i sort the few bits out that are left, i will announce it as a seperate hack.. unless we decide to add this feature to smartprofile as a whole in smartfactory.

I think coppa is a much needed system for some sites, so i'll try and get that finished sooner rather than later.

ccdoss
  • 2007/1/12 18:31

• ccdoss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/21

Hello,
From reading the post, I was under the impression that if I used the SmartProfile module, I could alter the information saved when a user registers. Well, I installed the SmartProfile module onto my site, and have no idea how to use it. I have looked at SmartFactory's site, and just found information on what it does. I tried playing with the fields, and it appears that SmartProfile is more of something for someone doing a myspace.com site or something. I just want to get a user's name, address, etc. when they register. I understand I could use liaise to get this information later, but I want it at registration time, and to have it saved to the database. Is this possible?

vaughan
  • 2007/1/12 20:49

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

I just want to get a user's name, address, etc. when they register.

that's exactly what smartprofile does.. try goin thru the options, set visibility etc, set registration steps, edit existing fields and select yes for display in registration.. it isn't that complicated to use..

ccdoss
  • 2007/1/12 22:36

• ccdoss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/21

I am obviously missing something. Here's what I did:
1. Went to Admin->Groups, and enabled 'Extended Profile' for Anonymous (since their the ones I want to collect info. on).
2. Went Admin->Blocks, Show Blocks Visible in:Top page, Group:Anonymous, Visible:All. Didn't see the Extended profiles or SmartProfile module.
3. Went Admin->Blocks, Show blocks visible in:Extended Profiles, Group: Anonymous, Visible:All. Still didn't see the module on the list.
4. Went back to admin menu, clicked on SmartProfile module.
5. Had no idea what to do on user panel, skipped it.
6. Went to Categories...decided they were fine.
7. Went to Fields panel...chose some to be under category Personal, added an address field, and set it to be under Personal as well.
8. Clicked edit for each field under Personal. Selected Show in Registration Form: Basic Information for all of them. Also specified they were required.
9. Clicked on Registration Steps panel. Basic Information already configured to be first step. Save After Step selected.
10. Clicked preferences, and didn't see anything abnormal.
11. Brought up a browser, went to my page, selected 'Register Now'. Saw the same form I saw before. Please let me know what I missed.

sinablack
  • 2007/1/12 22:46

• sinablack

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/12

well, I`ve installed this module on my website also, it`s easy to make some field`s for address, user`s name ....
but i`ve another problem. We have organized a role playing for our website and to do that we need to use a field such as displayname in xoops2.2, it`s a while i`ve tried anything to make a field like that but i could not do that and it diddn`t go, if this module doesn`t support this kind of fields,could you please tell me another module to be useful for our decision???
Soon we must all face the choose between what is good to US and what is the truth!!!
300 the movie

vaughan
  • 2007/1/13 1:50

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3547

read the comments in the article linked above. in particular the parts regarding htaccess rewrites or editing of edituser.php etc.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits