andy1234
How to add a new php page
  • 2007/1/4 9:26

• andy1234

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/4 9

Hi everybody,

I am new in XOOPS and cannot get the documentation as the server is still down. Could someone please, answer a few simple questions:

1. How to create a new php page to which I could POST data from another php page? I understand how to create a new block, but cannot figure out how to reference a page to submit the data.

2. How to change the links on the top menu (horizontal)? Are there any mods to create dhtml menus?

I have over 30 php pages with cross references via sessions and POST/GET. Is XOOPS a good framework to incorporate such a structure?

Thanks,

Andy

coopersita
Re: How to add a new php page

welcome to xoops

to answer your questions

Quote:

1. How to create a new php page to which I could POST data from another php page? I understand how to create a new block, but cannot figure out how to reference a page to submit the data.

you need a module (like TinyContent ) to add your own content. you can wrap pages or create pages.

Quote:
2. How to change the links on the top menu (horizontal)? Are there any mods to create dhtml menus?

you can customize the template for the main menu to include anything you want. Go to Admin > System Admin > Templates. If you haven't done so, clone your default template set. In your new template set you can go to system, and then modify system_block_mainmanu.

There are also modules for menus, but I haven't tried them myself

turnerrw
  • 2007/1/4 21:25

• turnerrw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/1

It's very easy to wrap your pages in XOOPS. Just include the header/footer information around your page content. Files can be referenced just like any other php or html object.

<?php
include("../mainfile.php");
include(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/header.php");
?>

<!--

Insert HTML or other code here

-->

<?php
include(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/footer.php");
?>

StevenB
  • 2007/1/5 18:36

• StevenB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/3 2

Hi Andy,

My PHP stinks so far but have a look at Pageworks. I have been playing with it ans it seems to work for me. I also think Formulize is an awsome module check that one out too (same page)

Steve

andy1234
  • 2007/1/6 0:45

• andy1234

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/4 9

Thank you guys! It is getting better

I still have a simple structural question:

1. I create a new page test.php using

<?php
include("../mainfile.php");
include(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/header.php");
?>
<!--
Insert HTML or other code here
-->
<?php
include(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/footer.php");
?>

It is clear how to POST php data or just call the page

2. Question: how to change the layout of all the blocks on this page (test.php)? Because it does not appear in the drop-down menu of the available pages (when editing the blocks) I cannot manage it.

I understand that I should include this page into the list of the choices (top page, all pages etc). How can I do this?

Thanks

A

jegelstaff

Quote:

andy1234 wrote:
2. Question: how to change the layout of all the blocks on this page (test.php)? Because it does not appear in the drop-down menu of the available pages (when editing the blocks) I cannot manage it.

Good point! Does it not respond to changes made to "the top page"? But I guess you want some blocks on that page setup differently to how the top page looks. Hmmm. Sounds like a core change may have to be made. Anyone more knowledgeable about the blocks system have anything to add?

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits