BadAngler
Help ! Moving to GoDaddy breaks my Content page.
  • 2007/1/3 16:04

• BadAngler

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/28

Howdy,

I'm moving a development site to a new dedicated server at GoDaddy. After moving the site pages in the content module no longer work. When I access the default page in Content I get redirected again and again to the same page when I load the page. From my logs..

my.ip.add.ress - - [03/Jan/2007:08:14:50 -0700] "GET /modules/content/ HTTP/1.1" 302 13800 "-"
my.ip.add.ress - - [03/Jan/2007:08:14:52 -0700] "GET /modules/content/?id=1 HTTP/1.1" 302 14464 "-"
my.ip.add.ress - - [03/Jan/2007:08:14:52 -0700] "GET /modules/content/?id=1 HTTP/1.1" 302 14474 "-"
my.ip.add.ress - - [03/Jan/2007:08:14:53 -0700] "GET /modules/content/?id=1 HTTP/1.1" 302 14476 "-"

The continual redirects happen maybe 30 times before the browser times out. I've un-installed and re-installed the Content module and still have the same problem. I see the working site is making many more sql queries that the non-working site does when I click to Edit/Delete content.

Here is the sql queries on the failing site.
SELECT FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC 
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id 
'e5kmhucqaik2t1ge2dkoroq050' 
SELECT FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=
SELECT 
FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname 'content' 
SELECT FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '52'ORDER BY conf_order ASC 
SELECT 
FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid '1' AND (gperm_groupid '1' OR gperm_groupid '2')) 
Total6 queries

Here is the working site queries.
SELECT FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC 
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id 
'82a159515c31503f642de7ecf3b090fd' 
SELECT FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=
SELECT 
FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname 'content' 
SELECT FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '52'ORDER BY conf_order ASC 
SELECT 
FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid '1' AND (gperm_groupid '1' OR gperm_groupid '2')) 
select storyidparent_idtitle from xoops_content where parent_id 0 order by blockidstoryid 
select count
(*) as count from xoops_content where parent_id '3' 
select count(*) as count from xoops_content where parent_id '1' 
select storyidparent_idtitle from xoops_content where parent_id 1 order by blockidstoryid 
select count
(*) as count from xoops_content where parent_id '2' 
SELECT child.visiblechild.submenuchild.nocommentschild.homepagechild.storyidchild.blockidchild.titlechild.visiblechild.parent_idchild.address,CASE parent.parent_id WHEN 0 THEN parent.blockid ELSE child.blockid END 'menu_block', CASE child.parent_id WHEN 0 THEN child.storyid ELSE child.parent_id END 'menu_id'FROM xoops_content child LEFT JOIN xoops_content parent ON child.parent_id parent.storyid ORDER BY menu_blockmenu_idparent_idblockid 
Total
12 queries

Is there some setting for php that XOOPS may require that GoDaddy has off?

TIA for any idea, BA

Quest
Re: Help ! Moving to GoDaddy breaks my Content page.
  • 2007/1/3 20:51

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I had a similiar problem once. Turned out that when I uploaded the files to their new location somehow the permissions got changed by default of the host. Particularly the a couple which were supposed to be 777 had reverted to 755 and that caused the problem I was having.

Hths
Quest

BadAngler
  • 2007/1/3 23:43

• BadAngler

• Just popping in

Hi,

This is very weird. 90 percent of the site works. To work around the Content module problem I installed Tiny Content. And I have the same exact problem. Debugging this some I
see that some of the commands to the module are called from links like this 'http://mysite.url.com/modules/tinycontent/admin/index.php?op=show'. At the top of the admin/index.php page is this code.

include_once "admin_header.php";

if (isset(
$HTTP_GET_VARS)) {
    foreach (
$HTTP_GET_VARS as $k => $v) {
      $
$k $v;
    }
  }

if (isset(
$HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
    foreach (
$HTTP_POST_VARS as $k => $v) {
      $
$k $v;
    }
  }

By placing some print statements in the iterations for GET and PUT vars I see that none are set..So the op=show command is not getting to the module. However most of the other links on the site work as expected. Why would environment variables intermittently be passed to module programs?

iHackCode

$HTTP_GET_VARS and $HTTP_POST_VARS probably dont work with your host. its probably because of the version of php that is running. i dont have experience with that module, but the other parts of you site probably work because it uses $_GET and $_POST

so i can only suggest that you change the code so to use $_GET and $_POST
include_once "admin_header.php";

if (isset(
$_GET)) {
    foreach (
$_GET as $k => $v) {
      $
$k $v;
    }
  }

if (isset(
$_POST)) {
    foreach (
$_POST as $k => $v) {
      $
$k $v;
    }

PHP.Net-Predefined Variables

hope that helps some.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

BadAngler
  • 2007/1/4 5:10

• BadAngler

• Just popping in

Is there any way to import these for all modules at once or do I have to chase down each module looking for these?

iHackCode

you can use crimson editor, jedit, pspad, php eclipse and others to search in php files on your computer, or a directory you specify to find the HTTP_ variables. (or do a find and replace in a directory. but be careful if its set to automatically replace.)

or if the developer has a site, check if they got an updated version that works with your host.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

snow77
  • 2007/1/6 4:02

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

what PHP and MySQL version are you running?
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits