MrMercutio
BM-Survey 0.64 does not record any data
  • 2006/12/30 19:32

• MrMercutio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/30

Hello, bm-survey seems to be a very good module, but I do have a serious problem with it - it will not record any data about a survey I'm performing.

I've tried to ask about this on the developer's board, but perhaps the developer is away over the new years or something. Perhaps one of you might know what to do?

Bm-survey does not record any data, neither in the database or on file. When I try to export the data as CSV only the fields are included - but none of the respondents entries. When I review the online reports it is the same.

I do not have access to the Apache server to change any of the things that are marked in red on my status check page.

***************** Data from my Status Check page ****************
PHP Information

* Version: 4.4.2
* SAPI: apache
* register_globals: No
* magic_quotes_gpc: No
* magic_quotes_runtime: No
* safe_mode: No
* open_basedir: /home/dagensp:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp

PHP Extensions

* dBase: No
* GD: Yes -- bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
* GNU Gettext: Yes
* LDAP: No
* MySQL: Yes
* PHP Extension Dir (compiled): /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429
* PHP Extension Dir (run time): ./

I have XOOPS 2.0.15. You can see the survey here: BM-Survey survey

Thanks in advance

MrMercutio
Re: BM-Survey 0.64 does not record any data
  • 2006/12/30 22:09

• MrMercutio

• Just popping in

Hmmm... Do you think it matters for a module that claims 2.0.x compatibility? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

jeffgr
  • 2006/12/30 22:49

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I just installed this module, and created some surveys for a new client...the module seems to be recording the data for me.

Have you made sure that under the survey management section of the module, you have "activated" the module, and are not just "testing" it?

Other then that, perhaps it is a chmod issue...do you see any small warning messages near the top of module admin pages? Or see any messages that appear with php mode debug on?

Don't know if this would be totally related, but make sure that you have the latest Frameworks package installed as well.

If none of these things help you, perhaps clone the survey, or just can it and start another one..perhaps it is just some strange thing with that actual survey, something strange that happened when it was created. Sometimes this happens, and just replication or recreating the survey will fix the issue. If it's not a long survey, this might be the fastest thing to do.

I am using 2.0.16 btw.

Cheers,

J.

MrMercutio
  • 2006/12/30 23:10

• MrMercutio

• Just popping in

There are no CHMOD-issues and the survey has been activated. I tried to clone it, as you said - as well as upgrading XOOPS to 2.0.16.

These are the results - one from a CSV export to Excel and the other from the internal XOOPS visualisation of the results.

Internal visualisation:
Resized Image

CSV Export to Excel:
Resized Image

I of course gave the five first questions 5 points each on the ranking scale.

chippyash
  • 2006/12/31 9:07

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:
Do you think it matters for a module that claims 2.0.x compatibility?

Just a small side point. XOOPS changed significantly under the covers between 2.0.13 and later versions. Many modules had to be changed to accomodate the newer XOOPS versions.

MrMercutio
  • 2006/12/31 13:06

• MrMercutio

• Just popping in

Thank you all for your replies. I "solved" the problem by ditching BM-Survey altogether and installed the Survey-module instead - a shame because I think the BM-Survey was more advanced, and had a greater ranger. However, I just couldn't get it to work, and function is after all everything.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits