preachur
Re: Multi-Site Registration
  • 2006/12/5 18:38

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Hey, it's cool. You got it to work better than I did. I hope things get better for you soon. PM me and let me know how it's going.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

MorelyDotes

Quote:

nekro wrote:
MultiX works!

I believe you. Now where can I get MultiX? It's not in the Modules library here as far as I can tell.

preachur
  • 2006/12/12 18:16

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Right now you can find it in the module dev forge:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1359&release_id=1224#selected

I have seen this module working, so I know it's possible, but as you will notice, it is difficult. I suggest installing it on a fresh installation of XOOPS and then sharing the tables from your main site and all of the other sites through that one. Nekro is helping me get mine working. Once it's all running the right way I will be able to see what needs to be done to make it work on other sites. I am also planning on throwing Nekro some cash as soon as I can for all the help.

draj
  • 2006/12/22 14:30

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Dear Mr. akitson!

Quote:

akitson wrote:

Repeating what I said in dev forum, If I can help, let me know.

For the info of others, Herko also responded to say that multi-site logon (or federated logon) is in the 2.3 roadmap. So to answer the original poster's question, you will have to wait for it to be done in the main XOOPS branch to come, but if you want it now, it will have to be a hack as discussed earlier in this thread.

Click here >>>

Well, I just placed a message (User name xoops_gold) to your feature request. This is a feature I have request months ago.

preachur
  • 2006/12/22 23:44

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

The multi-site mod/ hack works, but the administration doesn't . I have 2 sites bridged with it. Also, registration only works on the parent site so I am working on a pop-up registration hack that I will apply to all of the sites.

draj
  • 2006/12/23 8:04

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi!

Quote:

preachur wrote:
The multi-site mod/ hack works, but the administration doesn't . I have 2 sites bridged with it. Also, registration only works on the parent site so I am working on a pop-up registration hack that I will apply to all of the sites.

I have not been satisfied with the multisite module, which I could determine after about hundreds of hours playing. The architecture of the module generated technological restrictions in the database as well as strategical drawbacks at a later date.

However, this could be different with the MultiX module.

Also, I tried to hack XOOPS but things are lot more complicated than I thought and finally gave up.

However, I could successfully hack the cerberus login module to work with several CMS, including to several xoops. This approach seemed very correct as this does NOT screw-up the database and data nesting within th tables.

Analysing the conceptual differences, without the need and competence of programing, I found that a simple variable §sitegroup would do the trick and generate multisites, a concept that does exists in several other CMS I discovered later.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits