ron-cpw
Dokuwiki 2.00- no buttons in the Editor
  • 2006/12/19 21:52

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/19

...clean, new install of Dokuwiki.

When a page is selected for editing, the edit area appears, but there are no editor buttons above it...at all.

Tried in MSIE and Firefox..none in either.

Any ideas?

(I have used Dokuwiki elsewhere with good success)

Peekay
Re: Dokuwiki 2.00- no buttons in the Editor
  • 2006/12/20 0:19

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Hi ron-cpw. Welcome to Xoops.org.

I have the DokuWiki mod for XOOPS running under XOOPS 2.0.13.2 , however I cannot say how, or even if it works under later releases.

It is a fine module but I had a few problems myself. If you search this forum you'll find my posts including solutions (when I found them).

The missing editor buttons I put down to a corrupt or badly written 'local.php' in the 2.0 final release. Mentioned in this thread. Swapping the file with an earlier version (from the RC) cured a number of issues for me. There's a post here which details this and another few issues. If you want to try the RC version of this file and can't track it down, PM me your email address and I'll send it.

If you want to upload and let people see images, there's a fix in this thread.

HTH
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

ron-cpw
  • 2006/12/22 4:07

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

Peekay....you're a prince!

Hunted down the RC and swapped the local.php...that returned the editor buttons...and a few other 'minor' issues, like missing colors (red and green) on pagenames, etc.

I can now proceed.. but, as you say, there are still other issues.

When the Dokuwiki module had so many issues out of the gate, I switched to Wiwimod to continue content development (that has its own set of problems, but it was useable)...but I would like to get the Doku under control and give it another try... I have a book done in it on a Joomla site that I would like to transport over...rather than starting anew.

Thanks again; i will pursue the image problems in the next few days.

ron

ron-cpw
  • 2006/12/23 5:15

• ron-cpw

• Just popping in

Just an update... there is a 2.01 that seems to fix the button issue as well.

Scrubbed and reinstalled...started transferring pages.

Observations:

On a shared server, the response is ponderously slow, compared to Wiwimod...hope to try on a dedicated server over the weekend.

Image insertion is still quite hosed...what are the loads of random-character-named files and folders that appear in the Uploads directory?

Problem when creating a nested-new page...the new folder is created without proper permissions, so the create command fails... have to go in and change the permissions on each new one.

Admin-Config wouldn't work because the conf folder wouldn't let the webserver write to it...
...when I fixed that, the Save destroys the local.php file and yields a /word.idx error

Found out the way to change configuration is to directly edit the dokuwiki.php file.

I gotta tell ya...this is a tough cookie to get working and use.
I need to sit with an FTP client running and a text editor ready to go..just to use it.

Doesn't look very promising right now. (sigh)

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits