Yero
Where are the modules?
  • 2006/12/18 21:22

• Yero

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/1

Okay, call me stupid. I probably missed something. After installing a fresh 2.0.16 I don't see any modules except System.

Don't tell me I need to install every single module manually? If so, why? (there must be a standard pack somewhere then?)

irmtfan
Re: Where are the modules?
  • 2006/12/18 21:42

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

xoops core only has "system"

you must download any other modules you want.
then upload them to your modules directory and install.

you can find some recommended modules in 2.0.16 release note:

Quote:
Modules

The packages do not contain any module apart from the system one. You are invited to browse the XOOPS modules repository to get some.
Some of the best modules can be found in the following locations:

* Herve Thouzard's site (News, mydownload, shortcuts...http://xoops.instant-zero.com/)
* Panther Software Publishing (xProject, xStreamer, xAssethttp://xprojects.co.uk/ )
* Smart Factory (SmartSection and many othershttp://www.smartfactory.ca/ )
* XForge site (CBB forum, Wordpress, MediaWiki...http://www.xoopsforge.com/ )

We also highly recommend the installation of the Protector module which will bring additional protection and logging capabilities to your site.

Yero
  • 2006/12/18 22:13

• Yero

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/1

Thanks for your quick answer.

Personally, I regret this new situation. Now I must find the old modules I was using manually, including corresponding language files. My first try shows that this is quite hard, now these things are seperated...

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/12/18 22:27

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

I'm not sure what modules you need, but I've put together the my most used ones.

View Here

snow77
  • 2006/12/18 22:27

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

you can go through all the news at Modules topic

Most of the most active and stable modules are listed there for now.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

mactoeknee
  • 2006/12/21 23:12

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

Quote:
I'm not sure what modules you need, but I've put together the my most used ones.

View Here

JamesSAEP-
thanks for that! your 2.0.16 Package B and collection of updated hacks is absolutely kick-butt cool.
Too bad you can't be permanently linked from the main download page, as your info is exactly what users who cannot keep up with the current packages need.

Thanks again.

Tony

vaughan
  • 2006/12/22 0:31

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:
Too bad you can't be permanently linked from the main download page, as your info is exactly what users who cannot keep up with the current packages need.

just remember that if you install the XOOPS version of package B that James provides, we can't fully support it practically.

I don't mean that we will not offer support, what i mean is that the version he provides contains some very good proven hacks. and should you have problems it would be very helpful if not necessary for you to provide that information when experiencing problems.. as if you get certain errors that point to a specific line of code, we would be lost because our line numbers (in the official version of XOOPS would be totally different in places which would confuse us more) so just mention what hacks you have installed etc should you ever require support..

also remember when a XOOPS update comes out, updating straightaway will stop those hacks functioning and may cause problems with the upgrade, so you may have to wait for james to redo the package, or alternatively you would need to reapply the hacks manually.. You need to remember that it is a hacked XOOPS version :)

as for module packs, david is currently producing some, so many will be available soon when the new sites etc (if not before) are completed.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits