jordi_rc
Re: General procedure to add new fields to user profile
  • 2006/11/21 21:13

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Thanks for the url!

I didn't know that, just supposed as the other args were that way...
I wonder, how can I check if the avatar3d url ends in ".wrl" or ".x3dv"?

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

iHackCode

im not good with regex .. but try this.

file: edituser.php ( in $op=='saveuser')
if(!preg_match("/.(wrl|x3dv)$/i",$avatar3d)){
$errors[] = "Error Avatar3d url has to end in .wrl or .x3dv";
}

$avatar3d being the url of that avatar.
-Checks end of string for .wrl or .x3dv (case insensitive)
-For When the user edits their profile.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

jordi_rc
  • 2006/11/22 21:05

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks Bandit-X!

I tested your code and works all right!

That is what I needed!

Jordi.
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

jegelstaff

Quote:

jordi_rc wrote:
I downloaded Formulize and saw it, but it seems it is great for adding information or questions files, but it is not aimed to add files like those I want.

Hello,

You may be right about this. Certainly Formulize does not have support for file upload elements, so that's probably a big problem for you right there. It shouldn't be too hard to add them back in, but whenever we need to upload files to a site, we usually do that through wf-downloads, so there hasn't been a need to do this in Formulize for us.

And your other field is a count, which changes based on other events in the website? If so, that is also sort of difficult, but only in that you would have to write code in the right place to increment the counter when necessary, and you would have to do that no matter what implementation method you used.

Formulize does have a function called "writeElementValue" that you can use to overwrite the value of an element in an existing entry. So maybe that would work for you.

If you have any questions about using Formulize, please check out our area on dev.xoops.org, where you can also download the latest versions. It's conveniently accessible through this URL:

http://www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

jordi_rc
  • 2006/12/5 21:15

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Julian,

I will give a try to Formulize if I can, specially because if I don't rely so much in hacks I will be able to update XOOPS core without problems.

I have some questions about Formulize, maybe you can answer me.

1) Can I use Formulize with my hacked site (m0nty profiles hack and others) or will Formulize overwrite all ? Is compatible with it?
2) Can I add a drop down list with images to select avatar on new user register? I activated 2d avatar selection on register.
3) Can I add a page to select the 3d avatar with pictures of them with Formulize? I mean, having images as options.
4) Can I make a new user registration with 2 or more pages or steps like some websites do?

Thanks.

Jordi

jordi_rc
  • 2006/12/5 21:17

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

I forgot to add that the feature of adding diferent fields in user profile depending on the groups is great and may be very valuable for my site.

Jordi

jegelstaff

Quote:

jordi_rc wrote:
1) Can I use Formulize with my hacked site (m0nty profiles hack and others) or will Formulize overwrite all ? Is compatible with it?

Formulize plus Registration Codes is a completely different approach from hacking the core files. It uses custom versions of four core files, register.php, edituser.php, userinfo.php and the system template that corresponds to userinfo.php. Those custom files integrate with a form you create in Formulize, which replaces most of the standard user profile form, except for the basic required things like username, password, etc.

Quote:

2) Can I add a drop down list with images to select avatar on new user register? I activated 2d avatar selection on register.

No, sorry.

Quote:

3) Can I add a page to select the 3d avatar with pictures of them with Formulize? I mean, having images as options.

You could make a page using the Pageworks module, and have whatever you want on it, and even integrate that with a hidden element of the registration form or something fancy. But no matter what, that's work, it's not a built in feature. You would have to alter the layout of the userinfo.php and the edituser.php pages in order to support a second page too.

Quote:

4) Can I make a new user registration with 2 or more pages or steps like some websites do?

Not without a fair bit of hacking. Formulize+Registration Codes is built around a single page metaphor, all the registration info is on one page/form. Supporting multi-page registration forms would be a nice addition though, and shouldn't be too hard since there is now a way to display Formulize forms as multiple pages (via a new function available when using Pageworks).

So I'm sorry to say that it sounds like most of what you need is highly customized, with no "out-of-the-box" support for what you're really after. But if you do use Formulize, feel free to post on dev.xoops.org in the Formulize area if you have usage questions.

Good luck, happy holidays,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

jordi_rc
  • 2006/12/12 6:23

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks very much Julian for the info.

I will look the code to see if it can be modified to make what I want easily.

Jordi.

vaughan
  • 2006/12/12 11:33

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

stay tuned ;) this is currently being designed at the moment for a new profiles module (similar in a way to extended profiles mod on 2.2.5) but this module will be for 2.0.16 sites, and with very few core edits involved (if at all any). i can't give any more info on this but i'm sure you'll be impressed.

jordi_rc
  • 2006/12/12 22:34

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

That sounds nice vaughan!

If you add those 2 features (the drop down or image select of avatar, and the step by step registration) I will migrate to Formulize.
You should consider doing it.

Jordi

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits