stefan88
Re: Multi-Site Registration
  • 2006/12/3 8:06

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

it is not bad to remember that some hostig providers do not allow database access acros domains/accounts - only script in your site can access your database.

However, a interesting idea will be XOOPS to provide autentication service for other XOOPS sites. And one site to specify autentication from other (maybe even on group level). For example herve may decide to create a group xoopsers in his site and specify autentication to be provided from xoops.org (Then we will use our xoops.org registration for access). He may have another group that will be linked to some other site and so on. Same for other sites. Something like decentralized shared autentication system.
Just an idea ...

pemen
  • 2006/12/3 9:28

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

Actually i'm working on CAS integration (Central Autentication server) for intranet SSO.

After that, I've planned to work on federated identity (because it's the name for the "Multi-Site Registration").

OpenId is in the scope.

With OpenID, Shiboleth, Liberty alliance, and so on there is a lot of API that must be qualified.
Some of solution need a centralized server (identity provider) that needs hosting services behind.

I've tested OpenID and it's very simple to use.

it's a very ambitious project that needs resource and time with security consideration.
Identity management, LDAP, Workflow and more
XoopsPro

chippyash
  • 2006/12/3 18:54

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Pemen

Repeating what I said in dev forum, If I can help, let me know.

For the info of others, Herko also responded to say that multi-site logon (or federated logon) is in the 2.3 roadmap. So to answer the original poster's question, you will have to wait for it to be done in the main XOOPS branch to come, but if you want it now, it will have to be a hack as discussed earlier in this thread.

Regards
A

preachur
  • 2006/12/3 21:11

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

Okay, I am attempting to use the Multi-Site Hack for XOOPS 2.0.13.2 I downloaded from
http://code-plus.org/wfdownloads+viewcat.cid+9.htm

I am using XOOPS 2.0.16. I am getting this error now:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/myworlde/public_html/construction/header.php on line 35

Line 35 is:
35: $xoopsLogger->stopTime( 'Module init' );
36: $xoopsLogger->startTime( 'XOOPS output init' );

Any ideas or suggestions?
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

preachur
  • 2006/12/3 21:14

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Sorry about that. It posted 3 times. I thought my connection wasn't responding since it never went to the confirmation page. Strange.

preachur
  • 2006/12/3 21:15

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Dang.

preachur
  • 2006/12/3 22:28

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Okay, the code-plus folks just informed me that it will not work on XOOPS 2.0.16. They also said that they don't plan on patching it. BUT maybe someone here could adopt it and fix it.

Here's the download link:
http://code-plus.org/wfdownloads+visit.cid+9+lid+1.htm

preachur
  • 2006/12/4 0:03

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

That module causes a white screen on version 2.0.13.2 as well. Just tested it. It's broken.

preachur
  • 2006/12/5 18:17

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

Nekro got multix to share the user database on 2 of my sites. 2 issues though: 1) If you try to register on one of the sites you get a white screen. 2) If you register on the other site and then try to log in to the one that won't let you register, it says thank you for logging in, but then you can't access any of the site's content. You just get the header and footer of the theme with no content. However, the whole site works when I log in as admin with the original admin username and password from the site that works perfectly.

My friend wants to do a microsites module that allows you to run additional installations of XOOPS WITHIN a master installation with independent modules but a shared database. He thinks it would work better.

Any ideas or suggestions?

nekro
  • 2006/12/5 18:33

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

Hi preachur... sorry for didnt finish my work ... i had many problems in my real life ... you had to share the groups and group_links tables...to solve the problem of the content of the site.... its all a permissions problem.

I really dont know about the other problem of the registration...

I will share your groups and groups_links maybe today or tomorrow.

MultiX works!

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits