davidl2
Re: What we like about XOOPS!
  • 2006/11/29 18:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This thread has moved away from topic and intention
Can posters please stay on topic in threads the topic is 'what we like about xoops'. There have many enough threads on wishlists, and what is not liked. Thankyou in anticipation of your cooperation and celebration of what you like about xoops!

jensclas

I like the fact that I could build a website with very limited knowledge, no real understanding of code and benefit from all the hard work of module and theme writers. My hat goes off to you as without you I wouldn't be here and there would be no XOOPS.

I have also grown very fond of this community and made quite a nuber of new friends who keep me company in the mornings when I am online!

konaafob
  • 2006/11/29 20:31

• konaafob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

Xoops is very easy to install and in no time one can create a wonderful community portal. Thanks for all the Code, Theme developers. I almost looked into many CMS but stayed with XOOPS all the time.

XOOPS ROCKS

What I Like in Xoops
1. Easy Install
2. Module structure
3. Themes
4. Lot of modules available
5. Excellent Forum support

I am using XOOPS since Nov 2004. I never had a problem( though I am always afraid of white page error )

damaster
  • 2006/11/29 21:22

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

The free speak.
The fact that Xoops.org doesn't belong to a few opportunist guys. Instead, Site admins and moderators are open to different opinions and they respect Open Source Spirit.
Xoops is build by community and belong to the community.
Oops!...
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

• 2006/12/2 1:38

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/2

i like its durability, and the expansion it has to grow. addons are just extra bells and whistles. my friend has it on his site now and i've been working on it with him. im gonna start mine pretty soon :)

JMorris
  • 2006/12/2 4:15

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

If I had to summarize what I like about XOOPS in one word it would be Flexibility.

In just about every application I've needed a CMS I've been able to custom taylor XOOPS to suite my needs with minimal to marginal effort and with very little knowledge of PHP and MySQL.

Considering that I've been fortunate enough to work on projects ranging from low budget personal pages all the way up to moderately high traffic, internationally recognized sites, I would say this speaks volumes with regards to the flexibility of XOOPS.

If I had to pick 1 favorite feature of XOOPS, I would have to say it's the theme engine. I absolutely love how simple it is! With a small number of SMARTY variables, a minimal understanding of PHP and a good understanding of (x)HTML, it's relatively easy to develop highly flexible sites that are far from the old *NUKE look and feel.

I guess my opinion of XOOPS could be summed up in the following statement...

After working with all the major CMS and Blog platforms on the market, I've consistently found that XOOPS has the simplest deployment and customization path and most straight-forward administrative interface of any other product on the market.

That's why I use XOOPS and that's why I will continue to support XOOPS.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

wizanda
  • 2006/12/2 10:29

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Thxz JMorris found that inspiring...

I like how within XOOPS Community it isn't us and them, it is all us!

Like you look around other systems; its like we built the thing, you are our slaves...here it is like we are all in this boat, lets make it float together...

damaster
  • 2006/12/2 17:04

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

What's the destination with a so old boat?
The water flow into the ship,
and we only can whish that some survive.

Sacarstic for fun !
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

JMorris
  • 2006/12/2 21:57

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
As written in XOOPSiquette:

Spamming and Trolling - We do not tolerate spamming or trolling in any place.
Topics - Please stay on topic. For general conversation, please use the XOOPS.org Members Lounge forum.

Damaster,

Your posts as of late have come across to many as antagonistic and bordering on trolling. Please abide by the guidelines of XOOPSiquette so that all users can feel comfortable coming to this site.

Thank you,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

snow77
  • 2006/12/2 22:23

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

wow, how nice to see everyones perspective:

the durability, how it inspires confidence, the collaborative construction among the community, the possibility of expansion, flexibility, ease of use, the many helpful positive people ready to give a helping hand...

I'll add one more ...it's originality, how it stands out for being itself and not being a replica of others.

It's much pleasure to read all the positive comments and hope many other positive ones come along.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits