bdkraven
News-> Recent News Displayed to Unregistered users...
  • 2006/11/22 18:28

• bdkraven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/12

I've noticed that any of the modules aren't on the block list when it comes to unregistered users. I'm trying to use XOOPS so I can manage a website (with a group of other users) to run a game. Only the few of us need to have user logins so we can manage the page content, however it seems that unregistered users can't view important blocks (such as recent news) because I can't turn the viewing "on" for unregistered users, only registered ones.

This works fine if I'm logged in, but as I stated, most of my users won't be logged in since they'll only need the site for reference.

How can I at least get my recent news to be viewed by unregistered users?

http://tow.bigdaddykraven.com is my site. To the right of the news, there should be a recent news thing, but since you won't be registered, you'll not see it.

Any help?

Bender
Re: News-> Recent News Displayed to Unregistered users...
  • 2006/11/22 18:35

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You did give the permissions in "Groups" for anonymous to see these blocks too?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jensclas

Another way to manage blocks for anonymous users once you have set the permissions:

When you go to blocks management in admin the default display is 'registered' users - you need to change this to manage blocks visible for 'anaonymous' users. Look across the very top line and use the drop down list...have you got the admin manual from xoopsdocs???

bdkraven
  • 2006/11/28 20:40

• bdkraven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/12

Bender, thanks for the help. I think where it says "Block Access Rights" I thought it meant it would BLOCK those if selected. So it should work now. I just had to re-check it.

Also, I love your avatar :)

Sorry for the long reply but I was away for Thanksgiving Holiday.

Thanks Again!

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits