preachur
Need a newsletter module - will pay
  • 2006/11/28 18:29

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I am setting up an XOOPS site using a commercial bulletin board bbV2. This will be a replacement site for the #1 Aggregate, Concrete and Asphalt Research site and forums in the world. Over 9000 users and over 60,000 hits per day. If I can do this I will get a partnership in the company and a permanent position as a director of web development. I will be set... I have already convinced them that XOOPS is the best bet for a CMS. They want a CMS. They are sick of windows servers and .asp. Right now I am just a poor student, so I need this job.

One of the things I need is a module or hack that combines headlines and news. I want to be able to run external .rss feeds on the same page as news stories posted by administrators, and have all of them archived and .rss enabled from the site. (Of coarse I need to be able to categorize all of them.) I have figured out one way to do this, but the headlines module categorizes them all by SITE and not by Category. That one isn't so important. The next one is:

Now, here's a tricky one. (For ME at least.) This is my #1 priority.

I DESPERATELY need a module that will run batch email newsletters. I need to be able to customize the headers and footers. I need to be able to let users subscribe to forums and get daily batch email digests. I also need to be able to do the same thing with the news/headlines module(s). So essentially I need a module that has an admin interface to create the email headers and footers for newsletters that feed from different modules on the site. Admins should be able to choose which headers and footers are sent out with which categories in the news and forums. i.e.- seperate headers and footers for each of the forum categories and the same thing for the news. Users should be able to go to a page and check boxes for which forum categories and news categories they want to receive email digests of. Then it should all run on a cron.

It would also be good if they could subscribe to forums and news and get individual posts emailed OR batched digests. They could choose their subscription type after they choose what categories they want to subscribe to.

I KNOW a newsletter module like that would be beneficial to the XOOPS community. So I am willing to pay for the development of it. If someone makes it a.s.a.p., I will pay at LEAST $200.00 USD. The more of the features I mentioned that it has, the more I will pay. As long as it works I WILL PAY FOR IT. The newsletter module with plain-text .html header and footer editors.... I need this really badly.

PM me if you have any suggestions or if you want to do it. I know you all love developing XOOPS and working on mods. Here's a chance to get some money for your hard work.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

chippyash
Re: NEED MODULE WILL PAY
  • 2006/11/28 19:26

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Take a look at the smartMail module. See HERE for some details. The mod is being currently developed.

As to offering $200 for what is an extensive piece (as in several weeks) of work for someone, and which you clearly *need* NOW (to benefit you financially it might be added), could I suggest that a/ you add a zero to the end of that figure if you wanted to be realistic or b/ perhaps consider donating the $200 to the ongoing smartMail development and they might just add in the bits you need. You can find the mod devs athttp://smartfactory.ca/ (And no, I'm not involved with them.)

Regards
A

preachur
  • 2006/11/28 19:40

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

I WOULD add on a zero if I COULD. If I can get this done I will have more work available after the 1st of the year that I can pay more for. I am not kidding when I say I'm poor right now. I am trying to get this done and I'm also doing final papers. I am willing to invest the last little bit that I have if someone can help. If I can get this done there will be 9 more sites following it that I will be subcontracting work on. Then I will have a budget with which I can pay more.

Thank you for the links. I will check them out now.

preachur
  • 2006/11/28 19:59

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

WOW!!! You are right. Even though it's in Alpha it looks like it might be exactly what I need. I am going to contact them. Thanks for the tip.

chippyash
  • 2006/11/28 20:02

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Hope it works out for you. have fun.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits