ChaoticMess
Recommended gallery?

Hi,

I've been playing with extgallery and don't see the ability to have public and private galleries. I'd like a recommendation on XOOPS galleries and am looking for the listed options. I know I won't get all the features I want but a recommendation towards something with many would save me from reviewing each and every gallery module.

THANKS in advance for the help, CM

Required Features

1) Community(public) and Private(personal) galleries. If you could restrict access to personal galleries to someone with a password that would be great.

2) Photo Ratings and Comments - By members and editors. It'd be nice to have contest galleries where only a select group could rate a photo.

3) Approval Required - Some Cateogories or Albums need approval before a pic is posted.

4) Hyperlinks - A link to albums by user x, top-rated photos or a specific picture. It be nice if a member could share his album or a picture in a post.

Nice to have Features

5) Image based watermarks It would be nice to include a small logo on top of picture to indicate where they were downloaded from.

6) Automatic thumb generation.

7) Easy management of photos For example - delete all photos by user in category x.

8) Slide shows.

9) Darken the browser when viewing one pic One of my managers likes this effect he saw in some sites.

10) Notifying members Some members would like to 'watch' a gallery for new content.

BCdudes
Re: Recommended gallery?
  • 2006/11/28 17:04

• BCdudes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/31

I would recommend xcGal

I use it on all my websites,

It has most of the features u mentioned, including "SlideShow", which is quite amazing really. Autothumbs, batch uploads, private/public albums, ratings, comments, ..etc..

It has other stuff that I havent checked or don't know how to use, I dont think it has water marks, but I might be wrong.

Regards

davidl2
  • 2006/11/28 17:15

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

extgal is very nice - although it doesnt have all the features you need... yet

ChaoticMess

Hi,

Is xcGal the same as xcGallery? Thanks.

jensclas

yep - You can look into mine but I think I have member albums turned off. www.jensclassroom.com

Login

Who's Online

256 user(s) are online (186 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 256

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits