jordi_rc
Looking for blog... and domain name
  • 2006/11/22 21:59

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello

I am thinking on starting a blog to tell people about open source projects and tell what I learned about xoops, xubuntu and others.

Do you know some free good blog service like blogger where one can have .zip files (wich are not allowed in blogger) ?

Also, I am building my server and community.

Soon I will have a good DSL connection and static IP.
I am building my site with XOOPS CMS and Xubuntu, both excelent.

So I suppose the next is to reserve my domain name.
I have these questions:

1) What must I do to get people visit my site in my home server when they write a domain name? I read about DNS, domain names, etc but I am a bit confused. Can someone explain me in a simple way what is all that? Do I need a domain name and contract something more?

2) Do you know some reliable website to contract those domain names or other services required, for not more than 10 euros a year?

3) I live in Spain, Europe. Do I need to contract a domain name here or can I contract it with an australian or US provider, per example?

4) Do you know some good website about networking in Xubuntu, or Ubuntu that explains things easy to beginners?

Thanks a lot.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

snow77
Re: Looking for blog... and domain name
  • 2006/11/22 22:43

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

For the domain I saw a nice promotion here

http://domains.yahoo.com

[size=x-small]("Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

Manowar is cool, I present you Hammerfall, big time warriors!)[/size]
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

jordi_rc
Re: Looking for blog... and domain name
  • 2006/11/23 22:12

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Thanks for the link, I will check it.

Jordi

Note: snow77, YOU ROCK! Hammerfall are also great! I saw them when they came to Spain, in a concert, they play real good music.
They played with Primal Fear, also good music too. They said they became friends in the concert, and played a song together. They also complained a lot about the heat of the sun, because it was summer and had a sunlight right to the singer's face. Was a great concert!
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits