wizanda
Re: can any1 confirm (prob on xoops.org)
  • 2006/11/22 11:04

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Gestroud, has reported Xoops.org problems to me also and think he is banned...
Keep telling him they wouldn't ban you, is this the same?

davidl2
  • 2006/11/22 11:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Of course he's not banned. There was an issue that I believe was sorted for him, but certainly NOT a ban.

wizanda
  • 2006/11/22 11:50

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Thxz that's what I keep telling him...

mclindy
  • 2006/11/22 22:47

• mclindy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

to IRMFAN:

Did you check your cookie settings as I suggested? If you are using custom sessions that might cause the problem. You don't set a cookie anonymously. Also you could check your browser's cookie settings, though my guess is that you have custom sessions turned on.

I don't think it's a firewall problem. A firewall shouldn't stop you from logging in unless you use SSL (socket 443, I think) and that port is blocked by the firewall. Otherwise the firewall should pass your info through the same way it handles other traffic to and from your site.

m0nty
  • 2006/11/22 23:00

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

mclindy, it's not a cookie issue.

we're talking about specific pages here on xoops.org as mentioned. not issues with our own websites.

custom sessions is not related to this.. I use custom sessions on my own site, always have & they have never caused this issue. also if it was a problem with custom sessions then it's likely that lots more people would have the same issue. indeed i would probably have the same issue with my other account here on xoops.org

also it's definitely not a problem with browser settings as i can access them all on my alternate user account here (vaughan) without problems.

also as i mentioned before, i gave my login info & password to JDseymour who then tried logging in with his computer, and also got the same problems using my m0nty account on his computer. so it's definitely not a problem with any of the computers i've used. the problems are specific to my account and the accounts mentioned in this topic. as yet unsolved mysteries.

Lance_
  • 2006/11/23 1:39

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:

Quote:
it's annoying either having to search whilst logged out, or when logged in have to use a 2nd browser that isn't logged in with to be able to search with.

now its six month that i do it without complain

Just wanted to post a note.

I also have problems with the search when logged in. I have found that by using the Advanced search and only searching in the modules I want, the error is not produced. The problem occurs when trying to search in all modules at once.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Lance_
  • 2006/11/23 1:41

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Firefox wants to download the user.php file when trying to view account.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

vaughan
  • 2006/11/23 4:33

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

hmmm, i don't get that problem lance.. firefox behaves the same as IE when viewing an account.. just a whitepage..

works fine with my other account tho.. lol

irmtfan
  • 2006/11/23 4:46

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

Lance_ wrote:
Just wanted to post a note.

I also have problems with the search when logged in. I have found that by using the Advanced search and only searching in the modules I want, the error is not produced. The problem occurs when trying to search in all modules at once.

Cheers.

thank you Lance

its very strange:
1- by using search box i ended up by read error.
2- by using search.php and check items search works fine
3- by using search.php without check any item the result comes but without css.

maybe its a file permission or file owning issue

snow77
  • 2006/11/23 5:00

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Quote:
Firefox wants to download the user.php file when trying to view account.

This won't solve the mystery, it's just what's happened to me before. Once I had a similar problem when having 2 independant Dokeos installs in one machine, the problem resulted to be a conflict between sessions between both installs. Maybe could be something similar happening here among the multiple XOOPS installs there could be in the machine? (I doubt it could be this though)

Now, in XOOPS (my site), I can't access system > preferences > mail setup when I click I get to download admin.php or sometimes just blank page.

...somewhere in XOOPS other people were having the same and then I posted about that {here}

so it not necessarily is a session problem but something within the code that's crashing.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits