jegelstaff
Re: Only allow users in preset database to register
  • 2006/11/19 21:44

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Quote:

eljkmw wrote:

I tried both Reg Codes & Formulize modules for my website (which runs on XOOPS 2.0.15). But unfortunately, I don't have the slightest clue on how to build a registration form on Formulize for a specify group.

First, there was an update to a core file for 2.0.15 (class/xoopsform/form.php I believe) that fixed a bug and if you didn't have this update, Formulize would not work right (and a whole bunch of other modules wouldn't work right either). Unfortunately, links to this file have been removed from the "Download XOOPS" page of this site, but presumably the new 2.0.16 release includes this fix. So I guess you should update to 2.0.16 if you do not have that update for 2.0.15 already.

Second, check out the readme file for the Reg Codes module. It is detailed and has all the instructions for creating a form and setting things up.

However, here's a basic overview:

1. You need to create a new form in Formulize. This form will be your new user profile form, and is where you put all the custom questions that you want in the profile (so you don't have to put in Username, Password, etc, that stuff is there by default, you just add in the custom stuff that you want in the form).

2. To make the form customized for certain groups of users, use the "Display" option for each element in the form. Set each element so it only displays to the groups of users that you want it to display to. So depending on how you set this option, you could have completely different profile forms for different groups of users.

3. Setup a registration code for each group of users, and pass out the codes to the right people. Maybe you don't care about security on the codes because the general public can sign up for your site, in which case you just need to make a series of links on your site somewhere so that people can self-select the right group for them. The destinations for those links would be something like:

http://www.yoursite.com/register.php?code=group1

If you have questions, check out the Reg Codes, and Formulize, readme files. They have lots of info, especially the Reg Codes one. If you have more questions after that, please post in our area on dev.xoops.org where we try to centralize all support for these modules. You can get to our area on dev.xoops.org via here:

http://www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize

Thanks, good luck,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

eljkmw
  • 2006/11/20 0:22

• eljkmw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/15

@ jegelstaff ...

Thanks for the immediate reply. However, I would really appreciate it if an example/sample "user registration form" can be provided for me to customise. Since I've tried to work around Reg Codes together with Formulize, I believe Formulize isn't for newbies like me. It's very complex and confusing for me to begin with.

I hope that you can assist me with my above request soon.

Many thanks in advance ...
Jason

jegelstaff

Sorry, but it's not possible to provide a form for someone to install. There is no way to import forms into your site. You have to make them yourself, just the same as you have to make forum categories in your site yourself; you can't grab an example set of forums from somewhere and start working with them in your site.

The instructions really are step by step, just dig in and if you have trouble, post in our dev.xoops.org area.

--Julian

davidl2
  • 2006/11/20 1:52

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

jegelstaff wrote:
Quote:

First, there was an update to a core file for 2.0.15 (class/xoopsform/form.php I believe) that fixed a bug and if you didn't have this update, Formulize would not work right

Yes, the fix actually used a file from 2.0.16's file code, so updating to 2.0.16 would deal with this.

eljkmw
  • 2006/11/20 6:26

• eljkmw

• Just popping in

@ jegelstaff ...

In that case, can you at least provide me some "newbie" steps to begin with in order that a 'crude' form can appear whenever a new user clicks on Register Now and group Reg Code. This is precisely where I got stuck.

Many thanks in advance ...
Jason

tedsmith
  • 2006/11/20 12:49

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Also cross-referenced to this new thread that I started having not read this one :

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=55145&start=0#forumpost243583

jegelstaff
  • 2006/11/20 14:31

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Hello, we've started a support thread in dev.xoops.org about getting Registration Codes installed:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2839&forum_id=1330

If you follow the steps there, that's about as much help as we can provide. If you run into particular problems, post details of exactly what is not working as you expect and we will see if we can suggest anything.

Good luck,

--Julian

eljkmw
  • 2006/11/20 23:22

• eljkmw

• Just popping in

@ jegelstaff ...

Many thanks! You've been a great help. Very much appreciated. ... Jason

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits