Quest
MyLinks Module, where go? and
  • 2006/11/6 3:55

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Odd very odd. I needed to dl another copy of MyLinks module and I can't find it anywhere for some reason. It's as if it vanished. Some references to it here and there but that's it and the references to it are slim. I know I downloaded it before.
Also, the other day I had the same thing happen while trying to find another copy of Xoopsfaq. I can't get Smartfaq to cooperate with my 2.0.15 and got tired of trying so I want to go back to xoopsfaq. It seems to have disappeared too. Anyone else noticing vanishing acts going on round here? Anyone know where I can get copies of the most up to date xoopsfaq and mylinks modules? It's been a wierd xooper day for me all day and that's okay but feeling like I'm loosing my mind isn't funny no more, even if I am...

Quest

Shine
Re: MyLinks Module, where go? and
  • 2006/11/6 7:49

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

The standard modules are included within XOOPS vs. 2.0.13.2 The upper version don't have them anymore.
In other words: download that version and pick the standard XOOPS module(s) you want.

Quest
  • 2006/11/6 11:59

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

So that's where they were, thank you Shine!

Both those modules work without a problem that I know of so now I have to wonder why they are no longer available.

It's getting more and more confusing.

Quest

davidl2
  • 2006/11/6 12:10

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This has been explained before

Modules WILL NOT be supplied with XOOPS any longer... modules get outdated, and we cannot keep re-updating packages every time a new module becomes updated....

Why? Not because people are lazy - but because we don't have time to keep updating modules.

That's why the latest releases have links of where to download equivalents.

Perhaps later we can prepare a module pack to replace the ones that used to be included... but at the moment - it's better use of Core developers time to work on XOOPS itself, and for other people to work on the (ongoing) site updates...

It hasn't been forgotten however .. don't worry about that

Quest
  • 2006/11/6 12:55

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

I appreciate your explanation and taking the time to explain it again.
My confusion level heightens when I can't even find the modules on here, in the repository, in the news either anymore. I know they used to be there.
Why were, if there is a reason, these two just vanquished? They worked great and with 2.0.15. Is there a security problem with them or issue I am not aware and once again if there is I can't find it/info on it anywhere. As for them working they work without complication, bugs etc. I spent hours and hours messing with Smartfaq and never did get it to work. It worked a while back but not now. And I can't understand exactly what it is I am supposed to do to install WebLinks or even if the version I am installing of Weblinks is or isn't the correct version for XOOPS 2.0.15.

I do not mean to be disrespectfull in anyway and I think that you and others know that but:

There has to be a better way!

And no I don't know what it is and yes I am willing to help where, when and however I can. Even if helping means saying, "something is terribly wrong with this picture" and I doubt very much I am alone in this matter!

Quest

Quest

davidl2
  • 2006/11/6 12:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Simple explanation I think.... the modules where included in the older release, but haven't been submitted to the repository as separate releases.

I've not got access for this - but I'll have a word with a couple of the repository team to see what can be done

Quest
  • 2006/11/6 13:08

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Did I ever tell ya David? Your optimism, spirit, dedication and energy are one of the reasons I keep coming back? Even when I am about to explode.

Thanks dude,
Danny

davidl2
  • 2006/11/6 15:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Thanks - not very often people say nice things to me as well

miealex
Development of mylinks stopped at some point?
  • 2006/11/23 22:17

• miealex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

Guys I would like to ask something: development of mylinks stopped at some point?

I wonder if anyone has integrated in this module the captcha feature or some other anti-spam related verification.

If anyone did so I'd like to know it too. Or if the module can be converted to other link module that has some anti-spam features.

Thanks,
Alex

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits