Re: Create your own "loading.." ajax icon
  • 2006/11/2 19:30

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

cool find.

jensclas

Ok...this will sound dumb...but as someone who doesn't know how to deal with code unless I am explicilty told how by someone else here goes...

If I were to make one of these cool page loading gif's just where in my XOOPS file structure would i need to put it so it could be used?

TIA

kaotik
  • 2006/11/4 14:36

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I'm not sure if one of these icons would do any good on a normal XOOPS site. You could do it with some javascript.
These icons are normally used in ajax blocks or parts of a site; when a user performs a certain action, the icon shows while it's processing the request.
With php (such as xajax) and javascript (such as scriptaculous) libraries becoming easier and more powerfull to use, we should start seeing more XOOPS modules integrating them. Modules from Mcnaz and some of mine already use xajax while I've also seen modules use other php libraries.

[rant]
While the whole "web 2.0" might be a fad, making web pages more user friendly and interactive is definitly the way forward, and that's what ajax provides. No longer do we have to do a full page reload just to get a small piece of information.
[/rant]

davidl2
  • 2006/11/4 14:40

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Small elements of this stuff are starting to appear on XOOPS and modules - but it's going to take time for people to understand it and add it to their code...

Login

Who's Online

554 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 554

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits