mcoleman
Scholarship Database
  • 2006/11/2 15:34

• mcoleman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/25

I have updated our school website to XOOPS 2.0.15 and am now trying to replace some functionality.

On our old site (basically a bunch of hacked together Wordpress installs) we had a scholarship database. It was a wordpress install with relevant Scholarship categories (academic, need based, minority, etc) and the guidance department would make an entry and check all of the relevant categories (example: Minority and Academic) and then a student could browse the latest scholarships by going to the WP install, choose a category or do a search. I would like to make this functionality available under xoops. I already have a WP/Xpress install and can't find any suggestions for cloning it, so I am thinking that I need some sort of searchable database. Does one exist that I am missing or suggestions for hacking out a solution from an existing module.

Thanks
MC

chippyash
Re: Scholarship Database
  • 2006/11/2 16:10

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

I'm not sure what sort of functionality you want in your database, but with a little bit of thought and probably some minor hacks, you could make any number of forum or news type modules fit the bill. Take a look at smartSection, tinycontent, CBB, xProject and a host of others you can find in the downloads section on this site. If it's a straight database entry/seach module (i.e little or no freeform text) then maybe formulize might fit the bill although the interface is a bit quirky (imho). Use XBS ModGen if you decide to build from scratch, it will build the module shell for you.

Hope it helps.

JCDunnart
Re: Scholarship Database
  • 2006/11/2 18:41

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

You could try phppp's MediaWiki module. I believe it supports assigning a page to multiple categories, though I haven't used it myself. You could probably set the permissions so that only staff can create/edit pages.

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits