mijuv2
xoops running REALLY slow
  • 2006/10/20 19:16

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/21

hi guys, i'm having a prob with the XOOPS part of my site it's running VERY slow and i dont know why

would appreciate any help the site is www.cpu.ie

phppp
Re: xoops running REALLY slow
  • 2006/10/21 1:43

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

You need proved more details in order to get useful feedbacks

gestroud
  • 2006/10/21 2:35

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Yes, it is kind of slow. I waited five minutes and the site still didn't open - made me think your web host is using a dial-up connection.

Are you using a lot of scripts on the site? Or a lot of images?

mijuv2
  • 2006/10/21 5:55

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

hi guys what info do you need?

no scripts or lots of images , if you have a look athttp://artists.cpu.ie you can see it's running normal speed which makes me think its a XOOPS thing , no changes were made recently either

thanks for any help guys

mijuv2
  • 2006/10/22 11:39

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

by the way guys my site runs on a dedicated server , i did think it was a batabase issue at first but in saying that the admin end of XOOPS runs at normal speed but any page a visitor would see runs slow

i thought it might have been the template but when i switched back to the default theme exact same problem

whats more i turned off the site to see if performance would be improved but it hasn't and there are an extra 35 people online more than normal majority coming from the same 4 ip addresses

anyone any ideas?

JMorris
  • 2006/10/22 13:26

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Assuming that cpu.ie and artists.cpu.ie are hosted on the same box, then I would say there is something going on with your XOOPS install, but there isn't enough information to determine what.

Please read over the following thread and provide as much information indicated as possible. If possible, also run the XOOPSInfo module from your XOOPS Admin and provide the information given.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43912&forum=27

I suspect it is a module that is causing your problem, or perhaps filesystem permissions on your cache and templates_c folder, but again, more information would be helpful.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits