jordi_rc
Where should I post the bugs solved for a module ?
  • 2006/10/12 13:35

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello!

I am fixing bugs in the modules I installed in my server, and I wonder where should I post the module as is now, without the bugs that I found.
This may be a way to help people developing it, or help to improve them.

WHere do I download the bugfixed versions of modules?

Thanks.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

davidl2
Re: Where should I post the bugs solved for a module ?
  • 2006/10/12 13:36

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Which modules are they for?

jordi_rc
  • 2006/10/12 18:34

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Hello davidl2

Sorry I mean where to upload the bugfixed module, not download.

For example Contact_plus module had a syntax error and some others have constants already defined for XOOPS 2.0.15 that throw errors.

I also found some errors in online_members, and fixed them. Many people use online_members (membros_online.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

m0nty
  • 2006/10/12 18:40

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you should report the bugs to the developer of the module.. and if you've fixed bugs etc, give them the fixes etc, so they can update their development branch of the module with the fixes.

jordi_rc
  • 2006/10/14 9:23

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks m0nty.

I will email the bugs to each developer. In some modules they are so many so I think I better email the full module and let him/her find it, so I don't remmember all that I fixed.

I am also trying to remove bugs from the superb module Buddyfriends, wich works on XOOPS 2.0.15 but has many bugs not hard to fix.
I have a problem with it, seems the instruction to send a reply to a private message is not right. Maybe someone can help to fix this. I will try but I am only a beginner. I will post this in another post.

Thanks again m0nty.

Jordi

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits