yongzhang
Re: Most modules do not work on xoops-2.0.15
  • 2006/10/8 19:43

• yongzhang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/12

Thank you for your reply.

suse 10.1 has php5 and MySQL 5 or so, do you mean that I should not use them but download lower versions and put them in sesu 10.1? I thought about it but was not sure wether it will work or not. If that can be done by deleting php5 and mysql5 and download lower versions, I would like to try. I am not able to change the code or so.

I will try myself first. If not succeeded, can I ask your help? I will pay you for your work. I just do not have so much time to troubleshoote this kind of problems. In the past, I used suse 8.2 and could easiely manage 5 website by using xoops.

Yong Zhang

m0nty
  • 2006/10/8 20:15

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

most should be ok with php 5 (altho a few modules may cause issues, but not many especially the ones that are actively being developed now in the last year)

i haven't tested using MySQL 5 as i don't feel the need to upgrade to 5 yet on my testing pc. php5 is essential when using mysql5, altho php4 will work with mysql5 it can't make use of all the new features that mysql5 contains.

unfortunately you'd be better to ask some1 experienced on how to downgrade your php/mysql on suse, as i'm not sure myself, my friend did mine as i wanted php4.4 and MySQL 4.1 as that's what my websites servers are using.. i'spose u could just uninstall them and install the 4.x version RPM's.. i'm a linux newbie tho, windows is my main O/S

i did find this article tho which may help >

http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/apache2suse10.php

yongzhang
  • 2006/10/9 8:30

• yongzhang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/12

You said that you installed xoops-2.0.15 in suse 10.1 and all modules work well. You said that I have to select the compatible version of php or MySQL to intall or change the code or so. That means that the default version php5 and mysql5 in suse 10.1 can not be used, therefore you installed lower versions of php and MySQL in suse 10.1.

However,you also said that you do not know to download lower version yourself etc. So, I do not understand you anymore. You did not test modules in xoops-2.0.15 with php5 and mysql5 yourself, how do you know modules work well on it? I tested more than 20.

I only know a lot of modules do not work in xoops-2.0.15. They maybe work on your xoops-2.0.15, but you said that your do not have php5 and mysql5 in your suse10.1. You made lower installation of php5 and mysql5 but do not understand how to do it. Then who helped you to do it? Maybe you can tell me who and I can pay that person money to ask help.

YZ

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits