technobia
HELP! Weblinks 2000+ Links Not showing up!
  • 2006/9/25 20:17

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/17

Hi have an installation of XOOPS 2.0.14 with Weblinks 0.93 that has over 2000 links in the database. We recently upgraded PHP from 4.3.11 to 5.1.6 and are running MySQL 4.1.

I just noticed that when I look at the Weblinks directory I see all the categories and sub-categories but when I click on ANY of them I get a message:

"No matches found to your query"

Or when I try to do a search for items I know exist, the search the results page comes up blank. The other issue is debug has never worked properly so I can not even do that. REF POST: Debug Mode Issues

I have gone into the db via phpMyAdmin and I see the tables and the data. I have updated the module and ran the XOOPS backup and Optimize modules but none of that helped.

I am days away from launching this site an it has taken literally months to build the links db.

I am freaking out here!
Thanks - Technobia
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Bender
Re: HELP! Weblinks 2000+ Links Not showing up!
  • 2006/9/26 15:56

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Did you check on KenĀ“s (Ohwada) forum?

On a quick look around i found this:

Quote:
V0.97 does not support PHP5.1
Please try new version V1.11.

So i would assume the same applies to 0.93.
Could be worth backing it up and testing a newer version.
(or download everything testing it locally first)

Happy linux ... Weblinks Homepage by Ken Ohwada
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

technobia
  • 2006/10/4 18:02

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

Hey Bender, thanks for the tip, Sorry it took so long to get back been putting out fires :).

Anyway, I upgaded weblinks module what i thought was the lates version, 1.12 and there was a path problem. instead of mysite.com/modules/weblinks.... for all the catagory links the module was defaulting to the root domain: mysite.com/viewcat.ph?....etc.

I found that version 1.13a had a fix for that so I upgraded again but that did not resolve the issue. It did work however in a fresh installation.

I can not afford to uninstall the module and re-install it and risk loosing months of work and thousands of links!

I am literally days away from the launch date.

Any ideas out there?
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Djiman
  • 2006/10/4 18:17

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

Quote:
I can not afford to uninstall the module and re-install it and risk loosing months of work and thousands of links!

Try this, if you don't want to drop your existing table with months of work.

Try it I say!

Goto your database, with the tables in question for your links! rename it just to anything.

Then uninstall the module, as you would done to any module, -that way the module will be uninstalled and your tables in your DB with all the contents will be safe.(since you have rename all)

And then reinstall the new version you want in the usual way - after go back to your database, drop those newly created tables for links, after that rename your old tables ( that you have altered the names) back to the original name.

careful tho and don't sue me later!

technobia
  • 2006/10/4 18:29

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

Hey now that sounds like a plan.....Unless the path issue is stored in the DB. Could that be possible? What would happen if I just backed up the datbase using the Backup & Resore XOOPS Module and simley restore the database after the fress install? Do you think that would be easier / cleaner? I am not that versed in phpMyAdmin, but I know someone who could help if this is really the best way to approch it.

I will let you know how it goes. I am not sueing type, I take rsponsibility for my own my data :)

Thanks again - Technobia!
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Djiman
  • 2006/10/4 18:39

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

Plan B, for Backing works as good

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits