wizanda
Do I release Lace Chat as a module?
  • 2006/10/2 12:56

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

If anyone has had a look at my site lately, we can offer online realtime support... in the form of lace Chat on every page and built into our forum disclaimer; as you all can..
Now due to the fact everyone tells me to shut up half the time, i haven't got around to releasing it? Even though I did mention it on the lace support site i planned too...

Now the question remains if to and rather then write news i wonder is it a module? if it has XOOPS groups admin and works as seen? Where it can be locked by setting groups in xoops...
It needs an iframe at present, yet could be builtin yet didn't want to mess with its own CSS yet easily done...only thing is considering they are also working on lace, to have self contained filtering of word i was unsure if to wait or let everyone have a copy?

Me personally finds a 5 sec delay in chat excellent, yet with no way of telling people I am bit unsure what to do?

Anyone want a copy? its on lace site, if you want it XOOPS add a include '../mainfile.php'; in the config and that does it...or I could release another none Zoops module..
Which I don't want to be known for and now feel sort of guilty for suggesting XOOPS is one of the best systems
As you can iframe anything and include myspace, yahooo360 and all the rest in your own site...plus allowing this chat system we have and could all have in our own admin to be global as an iframe...like i say ignore me iframes are rubbish and i am just making windows in windows...

On a web of windows?

[ qOLOp ] = chat

wizanda
Re: Do I release Lace Chat as a module?
  • 2006/10/2 17:52

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Download done here

Write news up in a mo, if it is a module? try and see and tell me before?

Shine
  • 2006/10/2 21:27

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Looks definately nice ....... but..... what I am missing in these chats is the automatic connexion to registered users of the XOOPS website who has this chat running.
If I am a registered user of the XOOPS website my name should automaticly be recognised as nickname which cannot be changed anymore.
These chats look al the same as the principle of shoutboxes etc..

Grtz., Shine

wizanda
  • 2006/10/2 21:42

• wizanda

• Home away from home

When lace is php it will be possible to do this, yet will need more advanced XOOPS programmer to help with this...As Ajax and php is very fast in comparission to refreshing...

Was waiting to see on laces own development also, as to keep the projects easy to update...

Yet you could already make the user name be filled in if XOOPS users fill in this, yet like saying will needs someone a bit more advanced to do it..

Shine
  • 2006/10/3 7:27

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

If I were a programmer I'd definately help you. Perhaps somebody else who is, feels the opportunity to do? That would be be great b'cause it is a great and potential module (as I see it!) for Xoops.

Grtz., Shine

wizanda
  • 2006/10/3 9:36

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Well in a bit may ask Jan the main Shoutbox Man...or anyone else who is on the chat mission?

As to have a XOOPS admin Iframe of a chat like that would save a lot of time for users and make even a stronger community for XOOPS users!

frankblack
  • 2006/10/3 16:06

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
or anyone else who is on the chat mission?

You may ask Alfred from simple-xoops.de. He made an ajax-based? chat-module call dh-chat.

Login

Who's Online

460 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 460

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits