RachelVirago
The trouble with Phentermine!

Whats the deal with this so called diet pill?

I'm banning a network per day from which HUGE collections of links regarding this stuff are originating.

Coment spam is most common but occasionally they have a go at the public (moderated forum.

I was curious as to which companie(s) are behind this?
Being transgender is NOT a choice.

jensclas
Re: The trouble with Phentermine!

Well I don't know about the company - but I just did a google search on 'stop phentermine spam' and came up with this link which might be useful to those of you having this problem:
here It is certainly driving lots crazy and this was the best suggestion I read in 15 minutes of hunt and peck. Hope it helps some.

RachelVirago

Thank's very much, some excellent techniques!

Nice to know a site is popular enough to attract the attention of the mighty Phentermine Spambot! pmsl

carnuke
  • 2006/10/1 9:13

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I now have over 500 pending comments from these jokers. I have better things to do with my time than spend ages deleting this stuff one at a time as XOOPS dictates.

We desperately need a checkbox system with XOOPS comments that allows bulk modertion/approval/etc.

In addition a CAPCHA system that works on XOOPS comments. I tried the hacks available and they all created big problems with my test sites.

Ah well, back to the database, at least I can delete in bulk here!

Added this to htaccess... still living in hope then!
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond 
%{HTTP_REFERER} ^(http://www.)[a-z]+-[a-z]+- [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://%{REMOTE_ADDR}/ [R=301,L]
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

wizanda
  • 2006/10/1 9:57

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I added all these in the censor file I did which took keywords from Wiki source also to try and make a complete list of censor words...as to stop all the diffrent names of these...

RachelVirago

Here are the IP blocks I banned recently

Quote:
^85.255.113|^203.113.13|60.191.251.9|
^69.233.97|^202.101.6|^211.141|^81.177.16|
^81.177.17|^59.187.192|^59.187.255|^202.13|
^72.232|^218.154.81

wizanda
  • 2006/10/1 11:37

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Well do you think between us we should build a XOOPS security files...this was our plan in starting a good censor word list which is on me site for those who want it...

Yet given the fact when you have things like peer-guardian that users build an ip list of bad ip we could do the same, yet it would have to be fully checked to not be a good ip of main server to block anybody we do want...

Only problem though with Ip's is a good hacker with that one can mask anybodies ip and so you could ban your self if they were being clever...

RachelVirago

Quote:

wizanda wrote:
I added all these in the censor file I did which took keywords from Wiki source also to try and make a complete list of censor words...as to stop all the diffrent names of these...

Trouble with this is that it just replaces the offending word. What would be really usefull is if proscribed words in a post resulted in rejection of the post/comment.

Logging of atempted bad posts would be a bonus.

Has this become a feature request?

Herko
  • 2006/10/8 10:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

What would be cool is XOOPS having an Askimet interface that tags posts in any form as spam. Askimet is like a big bag of spam rules that updates itself via submissions from users (comments marked as spam are submitted to Askimet).

Wordpress has it, maybe it can be XOOPSed as well?

Herko

davidl2
  • 2006/10/8 15:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Definately something for people to suggest as a core-level feature (big hint to people to suggest it at sourceforge!)

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits