jordi_rc
What are registerform and register.php for?
  • 2006/9/27 17:07

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/21

Hello.

I am new in XOOPS and PHP.
I just like to know if there is some small tutorial or guide to know what are registerform.php and register.php for. What are they used for and how they work together?

Is there some guide to know what is the use for pages like that in xoops?

Thanks.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

ecolips
Re: What are registerform and register.php for?
  • 2006/9/27 18:48

• ecolips

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/18

have a look at XOOPS FAQ at this site first you can find the answers there..

register.php includes the registration form data.. if you goto www.yoursite.com/register.php. you will see the registration form.. but I dont know anything abou registerform.php

jordi_rc
  • 2006/9/27 19:01

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks ecolips for reply.

Yes I looked at the FAQ but there is no answer about this (the avatars). I did some changes in the registerform, like adding real name.

Jordi
"Battles are fought by those with the courage to believe. They are won by those who find the heart to share." -MANOWAR

wtravel

Register.php is one of the files used for the registration process. registerform.php, as the name suggests , generated the form that is used to show to the registration form.

I am not sure if my answer is of much use to you, because I do not know the intention if your question . If you want to know more, please ask more specific questions.

What do you want to do with the files?

Best wishes

jordi_rc
  • 2006/9/27 19:49

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks wtravel!

Answer seems obvious but it's not, really helps.
I am trying to customize the new users join process.

Recently I saw that the avatar list option that was in comments doesn't work at all. You choose, but member gets the blank.gif as avatar.

To use that code as avatar selection would be difficult for me at this moment.
SO please, if you can do one of the following:

- Tell me how to change that code that I found between // to allow users select an avatar from the avaliable avatars.

- OR tell me how to make another step to let new users fill accesory fields like avatars, etc. I mean, like in those pages that display 1, 2 or 3 steps to register.

I don't know if I am explaining well...

Jordi

jordi_rc
  • 2006/9/27 21:12

• jordi_rc

• Not too shy to talk

Hello again

I made some changes like the described in adding new fields to registration in the faqs.

I got the avatar selection on register working all perfect.

The only problem is that as it works reading on a folder called images/avatar, I need to modify XOOPS to save uploaded avatars to that folder so I don't have to duplicate the files.

So I need information about how to change the directory where avatars are added when I use the upload feature as administrator or user.

Do you know it?
Thanks again
Jordi

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits