rancov
Error in Web Links Module
  • 2006/9/3 21:55

• rancov

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/23

I have xoopx 2.0.15 installed and latest version of web links. When I try to add a category I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/archeoni/public_html/xoops/class/xoopsform/form.php on line 193

Anyone have any ideas. I am hosted on PHP 4.4.x MySQL is 3.23

Randy Covington

I just noticed that the poster of the follwing Topic has posted the same error message.

Release XOOPS 2.0.14, 2.0.15 but new modules ?

McDonald
Re: Error in Web Links Module
  • 2006/9/3 22:44

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

The problem is not with the Web Links module but with the class/xoopsform/form.php file from XOOPS 2.0.15.
Replace the form.php file with the one from XOOPS 2.0.14 and try if you can create categories again.

rancov
  • 2006/9/4 3:56

• rancov

• Just popping in

I replaced the 2.0.15 \class\xoopsform\form.php with the same file from the 2.0.14 download, same error appears and everything is still status quo with the web links module. Cannot add category, cannot add link .

rancov
  • 2006/9/4 5:51

• rancov

• Just popping in

Have a bigger problem now, noticed that "login form" has disappeared from displaying on any page. I have reset its properties every which way in the "blocks" module, will not reappear. This appears to have happened when I swapped forms from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 version. I have swapped back the file, no login. How will I get in tomorrow?

jensclas

Can't login as admin? Try this FAQ for starters.

There are more on this topic depending on the specific circumstances in FAQ's and in forums. Please use search.

The FAQ section has posts on how to get in when you have lost your login - and once you get into system admin try updating the system module to take account of your changed file. Hope this helps some.

herni
  • 2006/9/15 3:18

• herni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/15

wasnt it on the page "Add, Modify, and Delete Categories" you add a category?

when clicking "Add, Modify, and Delete Categories" link, it only display:-
Quote:
Web Links Configuration
Management of Category
There are 0 categories in database

- Admin Index

- List of category

am i missing something? any help guys?

i'm using
xoops 2.0.15
tested on weblinks 0.93,0.97 & 1.02

smfuser
  • 2006/9/25 10:39

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/24

I'm getting the same thing with Weblinks 0.93. I can't create/edit/remove a category and some links give different errors when I click on them in the WebLinks admin section.

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.15, it was working fine but I don't know when it decided to have a brain fart, but now when I click on 'Management of Category' and then click on the Title of a category, I get this...

Quote:
Web Links Configuration
Management of Category
There are 9 categories in database

- Admin Index

- Add, Modify, and Delete Categories

- List of category

--- Listed by ID

--- Listed by tree

--- Order of category

Order of category

There is no corresponding category.

I can add a link, that is I get the form for adding a link but I don't know if I should try or not lol. I'll try uninstalling it and reinstalling it on my test site and see if that helps.

Another error I get is when I click on 'Other Functions/Create Config file for bin/
then when it says 'created' I click on where it says 'goto TEST for link check' and I get this
Warningmain(/home/***/html/modules/weblinks/bin/class.bin_link_check.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 26

Warning
main(/home/***/html/modules/weblinks/bin/class.bin_link_check.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 26

Warning
main(): Failed opening '/home/***/html/modules/weblinks/bin/class.bin_link_check.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php'in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 26

Fatal error
Cannot instantiate non-existent class: bin_link_check in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 28

also this when I click on 'other functions/TEST for link broken check'
Warningmain(/home/***/html/modules/weblinks/bin/class.bin_link_check.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 26

Warning
main(/home/***/html/modules/weblinks/bin/class.bin_link_check.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 26

Warning
main(): Failed opening '/home/***/html/modules/weblinks/bin/class.bin_link_check.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php'in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 26

Fatal error
Cannot instantiate non-existent class: bin_link_check in /home/content/p/a/t/pathtomyroot/html/modules/weblinks/bin/link_check.php on line 28

I'm lost, I think I'll look for a different Links Module, if reinstalling it doesn't work, but any ideas or help with what's happening would be appreciated :) Thanks in advance.
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

smfuser
  • 2006/9/25 11:20

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/24

Well I uninstalled WebLinks 0.93 from my test site, uploaded it again to server overwriting the existing Weblinks 0.93 module, reinstalled it , and it won't let me create any categories, in XOOPS 2.0.15. I'm not up to messing with this module, so i'll look for another one or just go without a links directory for now, unless anyone can figure out what's wrong with it?

It's a great module, and it's functions are good, but something doesn't let it work in XOOPS 2.0.15 :( oh well...

thanks in advance if anyone can help with it :)
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

SpyderBite
  • 2006/9/26 17:00

• SpyderBite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/26

Quote:

smfuser wrote:
I'm getting the same thing with Weblinks 0.93. I can't create/edit/remove a category

Ditto.. same problem here.. hope there's a fix for this soon. :(

Bender
  • 2006/9/26 19:52

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Did anyone bother to check the forum on the authors homepage?

There are newer versions than 0.93 around - like 0.97 or 1.11 beta it seems.

(did not dig deeper myself)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

276 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 276

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits