bumperscoot
Cannot add modules..

Hi All..

Stupid Newbie problem here..
This is my first install of XOOPS (2.0.15) under *nix with FC5.
I have XOOPS up and running with Apache 2.2 and PHP5.
I just downloaded a module and placed it in the /modules folder. When I go to my Modules Administration page, I only see the System module.

I'm sure this is something really basic, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Steve

jensclas
Re: Cannot add modules..

Module upload tutorial:http://www.warpigw2.com/modules/smartsection

New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

hth

bumperscoot

Thanks for the advice, but I've already been to the sites you listed and read as much documentation I could find!

Rememeber, my XOOPS install "appears" to be correct and does run. There were no issues or "red-lights" during install. I've installed XOOPS under XP with great success, this is my first time with Linux FC5 so I suspect an issue with SElinux or a Conf file.

The Modules folder is chmod 777 and I can see the Admin module under the Modules Administration page. I tried to add XCGallery, and added the xcgal folder (without any nested subfolders) to the modules folder. XOOPS does not see the module..

Any other ideas?

bumperscoot

A bit more information...

I set SELinux to "Disable" and all runs fine (I can see the modules.. Yeah!)..

I'm sure this is not the way I want to run this. Not being very familliar with this portion of Linux, can anyone advise me on how this (SELinux) should be set up with Xoops?

Steve

iHackCode

can u post any phpdebug messages u get on that page? (moduleadmin)
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

bumperscoot

I believe I've fixed this by changing the modules group/owner to apache:apache .

This seems to work for now..

Steve

jakijem
  • 2006/12/3 22:13

• jakijem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/3

I´ve got the same problem, but I dont know how to solve it.

I have the XOOPS installed on a commercial server running Linux and Apache (but I dont have access to it, but to my folder via FTP, as usual)

Where did u change this "apache:apache" config?

Actually I got 2 modules running, (besides the default admin), but I uploaded a few more, such as Xlanguage, iMenu, TrremenuXL, RMGS (RM Soft Gallery system), RMDP (downloads module), ... But none of them pops up in the admin panel.

Any idea?

Login

Who's Online

270 user(s) are online (191 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 270

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits