onasre
offline browsing
  • 2006/9/13 5:04

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

Hello

i have a Media files that i share them with friends and do not want others download them .. but i found that some could download them by using an offline browsing program .

i download an offline browsing program and test it with my website .. and i was suprise that the program downloaded entir XOOPS files UP MY NOSE .. i tried to test if to test www.xoops.org but the program did not download any file ..

So how to preven offline Browsing ..
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

onasre
Re: offline browsing
  • 2006/9/13 18:22

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

i Need answer plz Guys its big problem who solved it let us know
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

jensclas

I don't know if the protector module will help in this case...but you could look into it. Be sure to follow install instructions carefully though.

Protector module installation notes are found here:http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/md/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=56&cid=1

It is very important to follow them.

davidl2
  • 2006/9/14 10:26

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

From what I understand, you want to allow people to listen to files, but not to download them?

You could do this perhaps with either Smartmedia - and perhaps Debaser - which I believe will allow you to use streamed media - such as Flash FLV files.

onasre
  • 2006/9/15 6:02

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

thx Guys

But this not what i meant .. and the protector .. didt work

what i ask for How to Stop Others from downloading the entire site by programs like HTTRACK .. other words hot to Ban any IP use programs to download the site to Browse it offline

jensclas

Please try this thread. Don't know if it will help but it might. You can set these bans through admin - preferences - general settings - scroll down to
Enter IP addresses that should be banned from the site.
Separate each with a |, case insensitive, regex enabled.

^aaa.bbb.ccc will disallow visitors with an IP that starts with aaa.bbb.ccc
aaa.bbb.ccc$ will disallow visitors with an IP that ends with aaa.bbb.ccc
aaa.bbb.ccc will disallow visitors with an IP that contains aaa.bbb.ccc

onasre
  • 2006/9/16 4:33

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

its not like that

all i need just to disable browsing offline ..
when somone use an progrm to downlod nd brows my website offline .. i want stop it like what XOOPS webmaster announced here

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=28337&forum=6

msdana
  • 2006/9/16 5:25

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
i want stop it like what XOOPS webmaster announced here

It is only a policy, there is nothing in place to prevent someone from browsing offline (saving to their computer).

As far as I know there is no sure-fire way to prevent your site from being downloaded to a local computer. I suggest you use a stat program and keep an eye on your stats. You can then ban the IP. But again, this is not a sure-fire way to prevent offline browsing.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

97 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 97

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits