tomkxo
Unable to change my theme
  • 2006/9/12 11:26

• tomkxo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/12

Apologies in advance for asking such a basic question. I've already searched here, but nobody else seems to be having this difficulty.

Here's the setup:
xoops 2.0.15
apache 2.2.3
mysql 5.0.24a
php 5.1.6
Local setup, for familiarisation/test/purposes.

I'm following this exactly, but the theme just won't change. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

TIA
Tom K.

Quest
Re: Unable to change my theme
  • 2006/9/12 13:08

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Could you maybe be a bit more detailed in what is happening? Are you using the theme block for changing the theme after you log in? Are you wanting the theme to be your default theme? Tell us more about what is happening so we may be able to help.

Quest

tomkxo
  • 2006/9/12 13:28

• tomkxo

• Just popping in

Many thanks for your reply.
Quote:

Could you maybe be a bit more detailed in what is happening?

Sure. After logging in, I go to Administration Menu -> System -> Preferences -> General Settings. I select a new theme in the Selectable themes list. I go to the bottom of the page and click Go! The message "Database Updated Successfully!" is displayed briefly, and I return to Site Preferences. I then delete everything except index.html from $DocumentRoot/templates_c, and reload the site's home page in my browser.
Quote:

Are you using the theme block for changing the theme after you log in?

I'm afraid I'm not qualified to answer that question yet! From the description above, am I using the theme block?
Quote:

Are you wanting the theme to be your default theme?

Yes.

msdana
  • 2006/9/12 13:48

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

In addition to "Selectable Themes", do you have the theme selected in "Default Theme" (Administration Menu -> System -> Preferences -> General Settings)?
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Quest
  • 2006/9/12 14:21

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

The selectable themes in the admin/system/preferences/general settings defines which themes are selectable when using/displaying the theme selection block. The block allows users to switch themes if they want. I can see where the instructions on the doc link you provided didn't necesasarily tell you this-the theme selection in the general settings doesn't have anything to do with the selection of your default theme to display when a user arrives to your site.

See MsDana's post below. That is where you change the theme to be displayed when arriving to your site.

Quest

P.S. Hi MsDana

tomkxo
  • 2006/9/12 15:01

• tomkxo

• Just popping in

Thanks to you both, for the info and for your patience. I can't believe I didn't see that ....

Quest
  • 2006/9/13 14:15

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

You aren't alone. Truth. I didn't see it first time either.

cyberspace

Quote:

Quest wrote:
The selectable themes in the admin/system/preferences/general settings defines which themes are selectable when using/displaying the theme selection block. The block allows users to switch themes if they want. I can see where the instructions on the doc link you provided didn't necesasarily tell you this-the theme selection in the general settings doesn't have anything to do with the selection of your default theme to display when a user arrives to your site.

See MsDana's post below. That is where you change the theme to be displayed when arriving to your site.

Quest

P.S. Hi MsDana

I don't see which of MsDana's post you're talking about?I'm having the same problem changing my theme. could someone help me out?
"Feed the children of the next generation cocaine, LSD, and XTC"

jensclas

Quote:
I don't see which of MsDana's post you're talking about?I'm having the same problem changing my theme. could someone help me out?

Below - meaning earlier in the thread - look at post #4

This may also help you:
New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

Check for the visual tutorial on themes.

cyberspace

thanks!:) I think I'll be able to figure it out now.
"Feed the children of the next generation cocaine, LSD, and XTC"

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits