TheNewbie
Module file not found!
  • 2006/9/12 14:11

• TheNewbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/11

When trying to install the Article Managment System we are constantly getting the error; Module file not found!

First I assumed this was due to some file being lost during upload, but this does not seem to be the case as the error continues after numerous uploads. Then I tried to use the file from the originator's home-page, but even this didn't work.

Other modules usually install fine.

What can the problem be?

Will_H
Re: Module file not found!
  • 2006/9/12 14:34

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

well, if you are using 2.0 then you probably did not uploadd the "Frameworks" folder, which comes with cbb and other various phpp modules.

Read the readme's.

---------

If you are using 2.2 chances are that you uploaded the module inside of another folder.

ams/ams/*.* will not work

ams/*.* will.

-------

If neither of these are the case, try giving us more info, like for example XOOPS version, and modules.*/

Quest
  • 2006/9/12 14:38

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

It may be case sensitive. ams or AMS for the directory. Also I saw in a comment for AMS that someone else had this problem. They resolved it by unzipping the files directly to the server instead of un-zipping them and then uploading them. Not sure why or how it worked but they said it worked.

Quest

Will_H
  • 2006/9/12 15:01

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

second that my AMS folder is all caps.

TheNewbie
  • 2006/9/12 15:16

• TheNewbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/11

Spot on!

Unzipping the file on my computer a module-folder was not created (as many module-zips do, automatically naming them correctly) so I had to create it by myself, naming it "ams". Changing it to "AMS" seems to have solved the problem completely.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll post a comment on the AMS-module so that other newbies can find it quickly.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits