Dona_Brasil
Sudden mess after updating CBB

Hi,

I updated NewBB2.1 to CBB 1.16 and then I updated CBB 1.16 to CBB 3.05.

I believe that I did anything according to the readme.txt that is included in the module package.

I set the menu option to 'hover'. The templates that I am currently using are almost the same as those that were included in the module pack.

Yet, my forum became a mess. It started when I updated to CBB 1.16. Please have a look at the mess athttp://www.donabrasil.com/modules/newbb/ .... The forums are not visible. The menu options are displayed in a strange way.

Does anybody know a solution or know what happened????

Thanks!

jensclas
Re: Sudden mess after updating CBB

please put 'cbb' into the search and see what you come up with - there have been quite a number of posts to do with this moudle lately and one might have the answer you need. If you can't find an answer check Please read the read B4U post link below and tell us your versions. If you want help you need to tell us fully about your problem.

Dona_Brasil

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
please put 'cbb' into the search and see what you come up with

Yeah, a wide, wide range of subjects around this popular module.

(hey, that part I knew. I registered it as the solve-it-method-for-problems™ trademark and patent and now Google wants to buy it ).

Do you have another keyword suggestion that brings me to the problem at hand. I can't find it. Thanks !

My version is CBB 3.05 and XOOPS 2.0.13.2

davidl2
  • 2006/9/9 21:28

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

<{$xoops_module_header}>

Basically this needs to be added to your theme (which I believe it is in your case?)

Otherwise... I think you may need to remove cached files (remember to keep index.html in the cache directory of course ) and perhaps regenerate the templates - as they'll have changed from the old newbb ones.

(This is only from memory, but I believe it's the common solution)

Standard "backup before you change anything" advice of course

Dona_Brasil

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
<{$xoops_module_header}>

Basically this needs to be added to your theme (which I believe it is in your case?)

Yes

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Otherwise... I think you may need to remove cached files (remember to keep index.html in the cache directory of course )

done too

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:

and perhaps regenerate the templates - as they'll have changed from the old newbb ones.

(This is only from memory, but I believe it's the common solution)

Yipppeeeeeeeeeee, it works! That was the thing I had forgotten.

Thanks a zillion!

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits