pkatekar
Notification Options
  • 2006/9/5 8:37

• pkatekar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/5 4

Hi,

Is the "Notification Option" available for FAQ, Poll other than calender?

I would like to send notifications to the user as soons as a new FAQ is posted or new poll is launched.

Can any one put some light on this.

Looking forward for help.

Thanks & Regards,
Padmini

jensclas
Re: Notification Options

Unfortunately right now i can;t get into my site to give you specific answers but did you look at the resources given to you in my response to this thread? It isn;t a good idea to post the same or similar questions in different parts of the forums. Continuing in one thread makes it much easier to get where you need to go.

McNaz
  • 2006/9/5 9:00

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Hi.

Quote:
Is the "Notification Option" available for FAQ, Poll other than calender?

Notifications are module dependant, which means that a module dictates what notifications it generates. That is why you get different notifications say between newbb and the news modules.

The same would be for FAQ, Poll and any other modules. You will have to investigate each module in turn and see what notifications it makes available.

Quote:
I would like to send notifications to the user as soons as a new FAQ is posted or new poll is launched.

First check what notifications the FAQ modules makes available. If it does not support what you require then it would have to be "programmed" into a module.

You can quickly check what notifications are available by installing the module then go to Admin -> Module -> Preferences, which should list all available notifications at the bottom of the module's preferences screen.

HTH.

Cheers.

McNaz.

pkatekar
  • 2006/9/5 9:04

• pkatekar

• Just popping in

sorry to say, but i have searched the options you mentioned before and by exploring i managed to get the Notification option displayed for calender.

Then i figured out, it is not happening with FAQ, POLL and the Message board.

The new thread which i started is totally different from the last one. This time my query is very specific.

Note: I am on search for an answer from 2 days and i posted only today after i failed to find an answer from your site.

Regards,
Padmini

pkatekar
  • 2006/9/5 9:06

• pkatekar

• Just popping in

just for clarification....

Does that mean, if any notification option is available for any module then it will be listed out in the preferences.

Also i would like to know, how can we get to know which are the notifications supported by the module.

Ofcourse, i went to preference for Poll and FAQ but there was no notification listed out.

I am using XOOPS 2.0.14, Poll version 1.0 and FAQ version 1.05

Regards,
Padmini

McNaz
  • 2006/9/5 9:38

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
Ofcourse, i went to preference for Poll and FAQ but there was no notification listed out.

This would suggest that the Poll module does not support notifications (like I said, not all modules do). There is only one notification option in Polls, which is the "Notify when poll is finished".

I haven't had a look at the FAQ module in a while but if you are not seeing anything in preferences for polls then there are none available.

Jensclass's suggestion of using the help is a great way of finding information as this question has been asked and answered (and asked and answered and asked and answered .....).

A great tip is to use google to search xoops. An example for this would be to query the following in google: poll notification site:xoops.org

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits