ladysham
Users
  • 2006/9/2 5:32

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I had problems with a site that I had taken to 2.2 and then downgraded to 2.0.14. It basically broke the site.

So, because it was my own site, and I had a back up of the old database so that I could transfer my content fairly easily, I went ahead and did a completely new install with version 2.0.15. And I've been slowly piecing it back together.

I thought that it would be a fairly simple process to bring my users over from the old site to the new one. However, I'm having problems with some of the old users logging back into the site. And I'm having to sychronize their postings, etc. before they can log in.

Any ideas on how to do this painlessly on more than 1100 users without having to do each one?

Thanks!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

jensclas
Re: Users

May or may not be useful - but try Giba's suggestion in this thread

ladysham
  • 2006/9/2 16:56

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Thanks for answering, but actually, this doesn't work. What is happening is that I have a brand new XOOPS database, with no content other than mine (in other words, no user content) and so the information in the user profile that states how much they've participated (posts, comments, etc.) has to be updated for each and every person before it allows them to log in.

My question is this. What field/fields in the user database keeps track of this information? I think it would be much easier updating this through mySQL rather than XOOPS itself.

Thanks!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

allnewtome
  • 2006/9/2 22:10

• allnewtome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/30

I'm in exactly the same position as you but unfortunately I don't fancy our chances.

ladysham
  • 2006/9/2 22:13

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

I'm sure there's a way to do it but haven't figured out the combination yet. It's got something to do with synchronizing the posts. I'm playing with just putting a zero in for posts for members and seeing if that works. However, since I don't know how to write mySQL expressions, it's still a one by one process for me.

I'll let you know what I find out.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

allnewtome
  • 2006/9/2 22:16

• allnewtome

• Not too shy to talk

The site I run has got about 200 users and only about 50 posts, so I think I will re-do everything by hand. Probably quicker than working out how to do it automatically!

Good luck though.

ladysham
  • 2006/9/2 22:21

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Unfortunately, I have almost 1200 users. And doing it by hand will take me all weekend.

I think I've figured out what needs to be changed. When I edit a user's profile, I noticed that none of the users groups are selected; i.e., webmaster, registered, moderator

If there was some way to change that globally, that would help tremendously.

Surely we're not the only ones that have ever experienced this problem!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

allnewtome
  • 2006/9/2 22:26

• allnewtome

• Not too shy to talk

I'm sure not, though just like any other problem with XOOPS - e.g. finding a module - by the time you've worked it out yourself you're too exhausted to go through it again for anyone else!!

ladysham
  • 2006/9/2 22:31

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Ok - One more post for help and then I'll start going through 1200 members to get them activated again.

Here is my manual two step process. If anyone who is familiar with the user database could help streamline this process, that would be wonderful!

First, I log in through xmemberstats. This is the easiest user access program that I have available.

Second, I update the User's Group since no group is selected. Then I update the user.

Third, I log back into the user's profile, and synchronize their posts.

Is there anyone who might know of a global way to fix this issue. Please help if you can! Thanks!!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

jensclas

I may not be of much help but this thread just might make one of your tasks easier - here wtravel has added some stuff about databases and passwords, and I am wondering (but don't know how) about the function 'sync forums' in the latest cbb...might also save you some time - (might not too...cos i am at this point guessing ) best of luck...hope you find the best answers...

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits