snow77
Sponsored Links xoops.org new block?
  • 2006/8/24 17:12

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

What is the sponsored links new left block at the bottom of xoops.org about? I clicked it and it takes me to another website selling this. How does this work with xoops.org? Would the money be for the XOOPS foundation or for the people offering the service at that site?

Bender
Re: Sponsored Links xoops.org new block?
  • 2006/8/24 17:44

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Afaik these simple links will earn the foundation quite some money since they are well payed and not really intrusive.

Guess Herko will be able to say something about this.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Herko
  • 2006/8/24 18:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Yup, I'm not going to say how much because I don't know if that is allowed, but we've decided to go with this link selling business. It'll bring the Foundation quite a lot of money, more then the donations bring us now, and google ads as well. This will enable the Foundation to put money in promotion and development (if development can't be done without money).

JMorris says this about these guys, bytheway:
Quote:

"From personal experience, I can say that Text Link Ads is a great company to work with. I've been using their service for several months and have been very pleased. They take great care to only approve advertisers that will complement your site. Also, with TLA you can control the number of ads displayed on your site, so you are not overwhelming your visitors with useless content.
"

So we have considered this carefully, and it will benefit the whole project!

Herko

snow77
  • 2006/8/24 19:07

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Thank you for the explanation, looks interesting, I will analyze the website to see fully how it works.

Will_H
  • 2006/8/24 19:11

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

**cough** click the links

Login

Who's Online

456 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 455

remel24354,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!