The links seem to be death

This one is funny

Norne
Re: Is this serious?!!
  • 2006/8/23 11:38

• Norne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/8 1

I experienced the dead links too, and I will contact Christian. Or maybe I'll just wait till it comes as a module, - and I believe it will. In my experience it's a very efficient way to stop most of the comment spam. Well, some of the most persistent ones are using real people to place the links, but that's not a big problem and they can easily be contained. It's the robots that has to be stopped, because they can bog down a website with thousands of comments in a day (believe me - I know!).

And I do appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this! I'm not a programmer myself (design and communication is my thing, only basic PHP). So I cannot contribute with anything of real value here, I'm afraid... But Open Source is very important. That's what makes the world go around! So keep up the good work

The true strength and the big problem with this community is that it's truely international, so the language barriers that we are all fighting is a problem. I'm sure there are many good solutions availible, but I can't read them... But that is something I'm willing to learn to live with, and I know that I'll be more comfortable in 6 months.

Anyways, it's time to close this discussion now and continue under a new headline. I'm satisfied and convinced that it's worth going on with this CMS.

(One of the reasons I think the information is hard to find, is that a valuable solution may turn up on page 4 in a thread with a completely different headline and the first 3 pages are about quite different issues. I know, - this last discussion should have been posted in a new thread named "Captcha")

So: Thanks everybody!

zyspec
Re: Is this serious?!!
  • 2006/8/23 12:27

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I believe the CAPTCHA hack you're looking for has been moved here

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits