dougyt
Moved Xoops to a new server- get error in loadpage.php
  • 2006/8/17 18:06

• dougyt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/17

Hi,
I was asked to move a site for someone, from one server to another, it went ok, and all seems to work after editing mainfile.php settings. But when loading pages I get an error about an undefined variable
Notice: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in /home/slimdown/public_html/loadpage.php on line 29

Notice: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in /home/slimdown/public_html/loadpage.php on line 31
but the pages still load ok (or seem to)
Loading http://www.slimdowntips.com produces this error, however loading http://www.slimdowntips.com/index.php doesn't.
I am assuming loadpage does something similar to a redirct in .htaccess and that's why this differs.
Anyone give me any advice to help out my friend in need?

TIA
Douglas Titchmarsh

jensclas
Re: Moved Xoops to a new server- get error in loadpage.php

Hi Douglas

I can't explain why your notices are there (go to FAQ for this) but I can say your notices are nothing to worry about. Turn off php debug and they will go away. When you use PHP debug and get wrnings and errors - that is when you have a problem to deal with. HTH

Quest
  • 2006/8/17 20:21

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

hmmm-I see what you mean when I clicked on the links you provided.
What version of XOOPS are you running? I don't have a loadpage.php so I can't really check the error line # to see what's up.
What do you have your startpage set to in the admin/system/preferences/general settings?

Quest

Will_H
  • 2006/8/17 20:21

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Uhm, there is no such file "loadpage.php" in the XOOPS core.

Quest
  • 2006/8/17 20:52

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Zactly! So where's it coming from...

Will_H
  • 2006/8/17 21:38

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

AH another installment of "what did I break"...

dougyt
  • 2006/8/19 5:45

• dougyt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/17

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
Hi Douglas

I can't explain why your notices are there (go to FAQ for this) but I can say your notices are nothing to worry about. Turn off php debug and they will go away. When you use PHP debug and get wrnings and errors - that is when you have a problem to deal with. HTH

I thought the same, as the site is working it's obviously not a great problem. So is PHP debug something on the server or in the installation?
How do you turn it off?

OK, digging around and I found the loadpage.php and another file are part of a hack someone did to shorten urls within XOOPS for search engine listing purposes.
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16663&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0
I removed the files for this hack, and re-installed the 2 files and .htaccess which come in the zip file for shorturls, and it now works.

Quest
  • 2006/8/19 12:00

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Excellent! Glad you found that loadpage.php problem, it was definately a little bugger .

You can turn off and on PHP Debug in the administration/system/preferences/general settings

Quest

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits