gestroud
Re: AboutU - my new module
  • 2006/4/27 20:24

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

kurack_bu,

You should be proud. You made a great achievement.

I have sucessfully installed aboutu on XOOPSGroups, a 2.2.4 site.

Everything looks good: Contact Us and Tell a Friend both send e-mail correctly. The About Us section looks fine.

There are a couple of small problems:

Even if I change the module's name in Module Administration, the page title still reads "AboutU."

After I add the About US message in the module admin section, the page redirect says "_AU_Send". The only way to know if it was successful or not is to go to the page.

Remember that I'm testing it under 2.2.4. Users of 2.0.x may not experience these little glitches.

GOOD JOB

kurak_bu
  • 2006/4/28 10:44

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

Quote:

gestroud wrote:

Even if I change the module's name in Module Administration, the page title still reads "AboutU."

After I add the About US message in the module admin section, the page redirect says "_AU_Send". The only way to know if it was successful or not is to go to the page.
GOOD JOB

Hi gestroud,
i fixed problem with redirect, thx for this. But I dont know how to fix second problem, i checked other modules how it works but i dont see any difference . Untill i will fix this the only way to change it is go to file /modules/aboutu/language/english/modinfo and in line 2:
define("_MI_MYMODULE_NAME","About Us");
change to:
define("_MI_MYMODULE_NAME","Your name");
Thx for your opinions and im waiting for more!

iHackCode

Quote:

gestroud wrote:

i dont have this installed but looking through the files i saw that aboutu/index.php has aboutu in the title. and contact.php , about.php , tell.php , send.php. etc.

<TITLE>AboutU</TITLE>
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

kurak_bu
  • 2006/4/28 16:28

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

mhm... now i know where a issue was, thanks you Bandit-X . i fixed this and i replaced the download

Swain
  • 2006/7/27 2:49

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

I just added it to my site. I just want to say great work! And this is a module that was badly needed.

Swain
  • 2006/8/1 16:17

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

kurak_bu,

I just wanted to add, no sooner did I add the modules than I started getting emails from users with questions. It made the site more friendly to users and easier for them to communicate with me. Thanks again for a great module!

kurak_bu
  • 2006/8/1 16:35

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

hi, i'm glad to read that comment. im happy that this module could be useful for someone. maybe soon i'll improve it. now - in Poland - we have got holidays
i think the most important feature wolud be anti-spam protection - token.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits