ahkileez
Layout Problems with Xoops Factory Template
  • 2006/7/31 2:03

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/12

I'm putting together a new XOOPS site as kinda-sorta like a news site for a roleplaying storyline.

I downloaded and installed the (xf_2Col_blue_grey)template off of XOOPS Factory. I've installed several modules and don't have problems with many of them. But a few give me problems.

Specifically the problem is that in some cases the only thing on a page seems to be pushed all the way down to the bottom of it.

(example here)

This really throws things off. Especially when (at this point) the only thing it does this with is the user registration (just gives a blank screen if you don't think to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page) and the forums. Both of which are pretty important for a website.

I did edit the CSS for this theme, but only to change colors really. Perhaps someone could offer me some advice on what the problem might be and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

Swain
Re: Layout Problems with Xoops Factory Template
  • 2006/7/31 3:28

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

Have you looked at theme.html??? The only thing that occurs to me is that perhaps something in theme.html is making the login appear way down there. The other thing to consider is what column you are using??? I have had similar problems and managed to fix them just by switching the columns. If you have your login in block in something other than Left, you could run into problems. Finally, in your blocks menu in your admin section, make sure that the login block is weighted "0." BTW, very pretty site so far! I am guessing Trek role playing????

ahkileez
  • 2006/7/31 17:42

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

The problem is that anything that affects one module should affect them all, shouldn't it?

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that when you go to an actual 'page' (i.e. the main module itself, not a sideblock) that it puts it center-center?

And this theme I downloaded is kind of funny. It only seems to have a left and a center-center column. I knew it didn't have a right column, but I don't seem to be able to place things in left/right-center columns either.

Maybe the forums and the registration and such is placing them one of the other colums and its getting pushed to the bottom?

This is pretty site-breaking. Anything you guys could help me with would be great.

And yes, it's Trek roleplaying.

Swain
  • 2006/7/31 18:29

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

That is odd. If it has only a left and center center, you are right, everything would appear in center center. Have you tried emailing "Xoops Factory?" Maybe they would know what the problem is.

Swain
  • 2006/7/31 18:34

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

I decided to go look at the theme at XOOPS Factory. From what I can see there is a left column and then the three center columns. So it may be throwing the login into a wrong column as I said. Of course if that were the case, I would think it would land at the top of the page.

ahkileez
  • 2006/8/1 19:43

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

Hmmm... I guess I'll just have to email them.

Thank you for looking at the theme. I thought it would be a good idea to list the theme and where I got it from so intrepid souls like yourself could do just what you did.

Hmmmm... I don't know of any way to dictate a to module/page itself (not a sub-block) on where to load. Is there a way?

Kurt

Swain
  • 2006/8/1 21:23

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

I don't know of a way, perhaps some of the programmers might, but I personally do not know if it can be done. Anyway, hopefully the Factory can tell you what to do to get the login to the top.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits